Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

givio 04-30-2017 01:50 PM

Jane Quilter, Your pinks look great! Today I got around to reading the 'particulars' file that I downloaded, then realized that the pattern calls for neutral, pink, red, light and dark blue, and light and dark brown. I have lots of gray, black, and green. lol I might not stick to the colors exactly.

Jane Quilter 04-30-2017 02:05 PM

looking at the pattern, i think this is the only pink in all the blocks.

sewbizgirl 04-30-2017 03:11 PM

Love that block, Jane. The pinks are awesome.

Givio, I also tried to buy some fabric from Stitch N Frame and their checkout is messed up. Hope they get it fixed next week, before the fabric goes off sale.

Jordan, I sew on my dining room table too... in fact I've taken over the WHOLE dining room for my quilting nook! We have a smaller table in the kitchen that hubby and I usually eat on.

givio 04-30-2017 03:40 PM

It seems to me that 3 of the blocks will have pink, but my monitor color might be wrong. The fabric list says, 1/4 yard total of pink, of 4 or 5 different prints. So we used 2 pink prints on the first block...

Jordan 04-30-2017 03:43 PM

I posted a picture of my first quilt block for the BOW but I think I posted it in the wrong place. Sorry! I was so frustrated by the time I got a picture to post that I had a headache. I just don't understand these computers and had to have my daughter help me. Guess I started my own thread. :(

Jane Quilter 04-30-2017 07:04 PM

I stand corrected.....Thanks Givio! I'll keep digging for pink repros..........

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7814677)
It seems to me that 3 of the blocks will have pink, but my monitor color might be wrong. The fabric list says, 1/4 yard total of pink, of 4 or 5 different prints. So we used 2 pink prints on the first block...

givio 04-30-2017 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jane Quilter, I'm pretty sure that digging at my house is not going to get any more pinks than I've already found. It's highly likely I'll use some greens. I like them. :-)

Jordan, I saw your block-- looking good! Sorry about your posting frustration. I certainly had all sorts of troubles until someone suggested to me to not to use the little tree icon (that indicates it inserts an image), and just use the blue 'go advanced' button. That solved picture posting problems for me. Did you try that?
Here's Jordan's block from the other thread. I increased the size a little to see the print, and that's what made it blurry--

Koller 05-01-2017 07:37 AM

Love your colors

RedGarnet222 05-01-2017 08:13 AM

Very nice block. I enjoy the colors you chose.

lawsonmugs 05-01-2017 08:31 AM

Jordan, I just downloaded the second block today. I haven't made the first yet. Yours is really nice. Good job.