Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

Barb in Louisiana 09-17-2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7907742)
Very nice! If you're taking votes, I vote for the triangles pointing out. More soothing to the eye! Jan

I'm with Jan....I like the points going out much better.

sewbizgirl 09-17-2017 08:36 AM

I kind of like them pointing IN.... maybe because the colors are closer to the quilt center and the white part forms a nice outer border.

Very pretty, either way!

givio 09-17-2017 01:15 PM

I prefer the triangles pointing in. They look like they are part of the pattern that way. With them pointing out it seems like you've made a large solid border to frame the quilt, and then the triangles look like they've been tacked on as an afterthought.

Basically, I'm agreeing with SBG's most recent comment, but just talking about the situation in a different way...

happylab 09-18-2017 11:00 AM

Just curious? Will a thread be started for the QAL that is starting today? I was hoping to work with others on this board?

Battle Axe 09-18-2017 01:17 PM

Let's start another thread so that all we have to type in is something short.

Now I need some HELP! I tried to attach those borders on this second R and R. The first one apparently was already square and there was no issue. Here I am 2 inches off side to side and 1 1/4 inches off top to bottom. The one side is sewn and I put the points out. It was about half and half. I have the other side pinned but not sewn. But the inner border of red is sewn.

Now what? I haven't finished that many quilts that I needed to worry about that. It looks square and all the blocks measured ok....

Marcia

sewbizgirl 09-18-2017 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 7908608)
Just curious? Will a thread be started for the QAL that is starting today? I was hoping to work with others on this board?

Please start one happylab! Then post the link to it here so those of us who are doing it can hop on board with you. I have decided not to play this time. The new design just didn't 'grab' me and I have way too much to finish up before starting a new BOW.

sewbizgirl 09-18-2017 04:38 PM

Marcia, I'm sure what ever you come up with for your borders will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it done.

Battle Axe 09-19-2017 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580851[/ATTACH]Finished......ready to quilt. Might not be perfect but it looks good to me. Marcia

sewbizgirl 09-19-2017 11:10 AM

That is so beautiful, Marcia! Love how the borders came out. They look perfectly matched.

DottyD 09-19-2017 12:42 PM

Absolutely beautiful Battle Axe - The borders look great !!!