Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

Just Jan 09-19-2017 01:05 PM

BattleAxe, Here's a little tip that might help. Instead of using a triangles at the corners, change the triangle to a square or rectangle that makes the end/side the right size, and it will fool the eye. You can do this with either the brown or red.

lawsonmugs 09-19-2017 03:19 PM

Marcia that's just beautiful.

givio 09-19-2017 04:33 PM

Marcia! Very nice looking! Wonderful-- you've made it to the end of the top, just the quilting part to go now. :-) What size it it end up being?

retiredteacher09 09-19-2017 05:43 PM

Very pretty, Battle Axe!

I finally finished my square patches. I accidentally switched a tan and brown around so my tan diagonal row is tan, brown, tan, tan. Oh well! I am not changing it now. I must say that my seam ripper was used more often in making the patches than probably for all of the blocks put together. Lol! For some reason, I was mixing up my 4 patch directions when sewing.

Connie

sewbizgirl 09-19-2017 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7909394)
BattleAxe, Here's a little tip that might help. Instead of using a triangles at the corners, change the triangle to a square or rectangle that makes the end/side the right size, and it will fool the eye. You can do this with either the brown or red.

I think it looks really cool as she has it!

Battle Axe 09-20-2017 04:36 AM

I too had smoke coming off that seam ripper. I have a hand made one with pretty wooden handle so it is easy to use. It's done now. I had some little pinwheels made for the corners, but I could not get them to fit so into the "future bag" they went.

Thanks for all your help and great comments.

sewbizgirl 09-20-2017 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7909700)
I too had smoke coming off that seam ripper.

LOL, Battle Axe! :D

Just Jan 09-20-2017 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7909590)
I think it looks really cool as she has it!

Yes it does, I was just passing on a tip I learned from somebody else. I'm and old dog, but I still like to learn (and share) new tricks.

lawsonmugs 09-21-2017 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7908760)
Please start one happylab! Then post the link to it here so those of us who are doing it can hop on board with you. I have decided not to play this time. The new design just didn't 'grab' me and I have way too much to finish up before starting a new BOW.

I started a new thread called " Autumn Evenings Quilt b o w" hope you all join in. I just started it so you have to look it up.

lawsonmugs 09-21-2017 11:11 PM

Sorry my thread was removed. Maybe someone else that knows what they are doing can start a new one.