Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

sewbizgirl 08-25-2017 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7894039)
:shock: OH MY!!! I showed my top to my neighbor today and she said it looks "Native American"! I hope not... I wanted it to be antique looking! All my fabrics are Civil War, but I guess I can see that it might have a Native American flair. She's not a quilter, but now she has me second guessing my choices

Quilt it up! You only have to please yourself, not your neighbor who doesn't quilt and probably really doesn't even care.

Battle Axe 08-26-2017 03:58 AM

I'm having a terrible time, totally mental block, on this block. ( # 18) Finally, I said: I don't have to do it that way. I just need a block with those colors and done. I still don't have the civil war fabric version done. But the fresh lilacs one is almost done.

Probably my fault with my color sight problems. I could not see that E and F color difference.

Marcia

sewbizgirl 08-26-2017 06:27 AM

Marcia, it's your quilt. You can change anything in it. Make it easy on yourself... These last two blocks were the hardest. All those tiny hsts and flying geese! Challenging, and for me they took a long time to build. I'm just glad the whole quilt is not made of those blocks. One each was hard enough!

edited to add: Marcia, I just looked at the pattern to see what you meant about the E and F colors. There is only one red, and the Fs are a whole square of it. The Es are half square triangles of the red and the neutral. On mine, I changed the two E-HSTs to one flying geese. It eliminated the seam in the middle.

givio 08-26-2017 04:08 PM

Just Jane, I love all that brown. It looks great! That wide border would look nice with a wavy feather quilting motif.
Anna! That's a lot of work done there! What a stack! And plus the ones on the wall!

Battle Axe 08-27-2017 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the fresh lilacs set of 18. The little blocks are done and now anxiously awaiting tomorrow's instructions. My civil war set is lousy compared to these. I think I practiced on the civil war fabric. I hope Debbie is not offended by all my mistakes. Probably take some of the left over blue border for the corner stones.[ATTACH=CONFIG]579600[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-27-2017 08:28 AM

That purple/green set is just gorgeous, Marcia! I'm sure your civil war ones are too.

The next weekly instruction is week 19, which she sent out early because so many of us were asking for it to create the border blocks with our scraps as we went along... So we may get week 19 again tomorrow. Wishing for Week 20 so I can finish up!

lawsonmugs 08-27-2017 08:47 AM

That is soooo beautiful Marcia.. I love it. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

DottyD 08-27-2017 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my last block 18 and also a photo of all 18 blocks. It is a shame this journey has nearly come to an end. It has been fun and I have really enjoyed it and meeting you all.

sewbizgirl 08-27-2017 01:48 PM

Just beautiful, Dotty! Love all the Christmas blocks and the buttons you've placed on a few. They look awesome!

lawsonmugs 08-27-2017 03:30 PM

Those are so so pretty. Great job. Gonna be a beauty when finished.