Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

BonnieI 11-04-2017 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7937096)
I love how yours turned out Kass! It was very original! Isn't it great how just a few tweaks can make a whole new loo
Here's mine from last year.

I love it! Such pretty color choices.

Krisb 11-04-2017 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled fabric this morning. Got the paint chips at Lowe’s, but....
Changed the aqua to more tealish, because that is the color of our sailboat sails.
Changed the coral to deeper colors, because Lake Vermilion has it’s name for a reason. And our cabin faces northwest, so we don’t get sunrises...we get sunsets.

Most importantly, I did not buy any fabrics. But I won’t get to working on it until well into Dec.

TheMerkleFamily 11-04-2017 12:17 PM

Beautiful color exchange - looking forward to seeing this one come together! Please post pics as you go :)

Christine

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 7937790)
Pulled fabric this morning. Got the paint chips at Lowe’s, but....
Changed the aqua to more tealish, because that is the color of our sailboat sails.
Changed the coral to deeper colors, because Lake Vermilion has it’s name for a reason. And our cabin faces northwest, so we don’t get sunrises...we get sunsets.

Most importantly, I did not buy any fabrics. But I won’t get to working on it until well into Dec.

Bluebonnets 11-04-2017 12:25 PM

I am sure enjoying all the fabric pictures. They look so good and it's getting exciting.

Belfrybat, I really like both choices and I think I prefer the first one.

NZquilter 11-04-2017 12:52 PM

Krisb, I love how you are making it your own by using fabrics that reflect your own lake view! Very personal!

I am enjoying watching everyone's fabric choices. It's all such eye candy!

Macybaby 11-04-2017 01:50 PM

Belfrybat - I really like your second selection.

After seeing some of the different color options, I keep getting tempted to go back and rethink mine. Not because I don't like mine, but because there are so many pretty options!

Cheesehead 11-04-2017 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7937692)
With specialty rulers or w/ protractor and freezer paper the blocks I make for the Boom swaps are well constructed and correct in size, shape, and something I am proud to send.

Your blocks are creative and beautiful and we love to receive them!

costumegirl 11-04-2017 05:31 PM

I did a half size Grand Illusion and the top has been patiently waiting for me to get it quilted and out of the UFO pile - it was defintely a challenge and not in my color range but I learned alot.
I had good intentions of doing the next 2 mysteries and eagerly got all of my fabrics for both each time but unfortunately "Life" threw me a few curve balls and I was unable to even attempt to begin either :(

Hopefully I may be able to participate this year.

I like the aqua and coral combo but I am definitly not into "brown". I will have to try something else to take it's place. Maybe I will wait and see how it wil be used before I decide.

NZquilter 11-04-2017 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7937870)
After seeing some of the different color options, I keep getting tempted to go back and rethink mine. Not because I don't like mine, but because there are so many pretty options!

I know what you mean! My colors are very close to Bonnie's. I'm almost toying with the idea of possibly making a half size too, with a differnt color scheme. Maybe I should be wise and wait to see the reveal first :)

suz1 11-04-2017 06:03 PM

I found lots of lovely greens and light blues but forgot to get the browns! I guess I need to do some more shopping lol

Love seeing what everyone is choosing for their fabrics :)