Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

GramE 12-17-2017 04:18 PM

Very nice, Kass!

lmanna 12-17-2017 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Clue 4 - 109 units done. My neutrals = Bonnie's browns.[ATTACH=CONFIG]585605[/ATTACH]

AngeliaNR 12-17-2017 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some of this week's units--more "chocolate" browns and some "Ringo Stars". :)

NZquilter 12-17-2017 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7964987)
Some of this week's units--more "chocolate" browns and some "Ringo Stars". :)

Love it! Now I need a nibble of chocolate before I turn in for the night:)

Carol in WI 12-18-2017 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7964841)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585601[/ATTACH]
Made a pair of clue 4, then took a break to finish my dining table’s Christmas present. I bought this panel in St Joseph, Oregon many years ago on a trip out west to see my sister in Clarkston, Wa. I went sightseeing one day happened (imagine that) upon a fabric shop. I didn’t want to take the time to make a quilt so I carefully cut the panel apart so I could have 4 placemats. A great reminder of a wonderful trip. And I knew Bonnie would be waiting when I get my mats done! :D

Beautiful Backing, KalamaQuilts

Wow, those are beautiful placemats Pat.I would be interested in the pattern you used.
I love everyone's pictures and am so anxious to start on clue 4, but will have company through the first of the year.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

Kassaundra 12-18-2017 04:40 AM

Angelia those chocolate mint units look yummy.

Pat those placemats are so nice, I've never seen that pattern, pineapple w/ prairie points?

Nice job everyone, all the units are moving along.

Jane Quilter 12-18-2017 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
great colors, Sewbizgirl! I am way behind due to Christmas and friends. But here is my Clue 2:

GramE 12-18-2017 06:28 AM

Pat those placemats are so nice, I've never seen that pattern, pineapple w/ prairie points?”

let’s say, my own interpretation. Actually the last one & I was trying to use up some extra strips I had cut. And, interestingly, it came out in more of a square shape than octagonal. The top left one is the original pattern, the rest are kinda hybrids. My sister gave me the pattern, she went to a class at the library or somewhere a long time ago. She had made me one, then I asked for the pattern. But I see that little window in the center as an opportunity to fussy cut! And trying to clean up my stash ALWAYS leads to a project because I discovered a forgotten project. I had cut all the centers, even started the prairie points, so thought I would finish!

joe'smom 12-18-2017 06:39 AM

No sewing for me yesterday, I hope to get back to clue #4 today.

Beautiful units everyone, and quilt backs and placemats! I think the reverse value quilts are going to be great.

sewbizgirl 12-18-2017 06:56 AM

AngeliaNR, that green looks great with the browns!
GramE, your placemats are so pretty. Love the centers peeking out.
Jane Quilter, slow and steady wins the race... great geese.

I had a scary thought today... with all these tiny units we are making, think how long it’s going to take to get them all sewn together. Gulp.