Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ringo-lake-bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-18-a-t292318.html)

tscweaves 12-17-2017 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great pieces, Sewbiz!

I have finished clue 4. What a relief after the struggle I had with #3, I am glad to have it done. Now I can finish up a few Christmas gifts and jump back on a loom:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585585[/ATTACH]

KalamaQuilts 12-17-2017 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lovely results, all! I challenged myself to finish the current round of Ringos back by noon. Made it with three minutes to spare :)
Goodie goodie, get to start on #4.

sewbizgirl 12-17-2017 01:20 PM

Love those fabrics, tsc...

ScubaK 12-17-2017 02:13 PM

I have got all the pieces cut...
Finally...
Hope to start on them tonight, tomorrow and finish up all clues by Wed...
Kirsten

Cheesehead 12-17-2017 02:59 PM

Finished my Clue 4 today, they are all pressed and need to be sliver trimmed. Lucky you SBG, not having to do any trimming on your units! My piecing is done until the New Year, this week will be spent getting ready for Christmas and the week following Christmas we will be on our way to Alabama to spend the winter. I will have to play "catch up" then.

Great job on your units Theresa.

Beautiful quilt Kalama.

Jan

Kassaundra 12-17-2017 03:04 PM

Mine might need a sliver trim but I'm waiting to see if we are joining them to a solid triangle to make a square, or if we are joining them to each other for a "border" type arrangement. If we are joining to a triangle I won't need to trim.

GramE 12-17-2017 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585601[/ATTACH]
Made a pair of clue 4, then took a break to finish my dining table’s Christmas present. I bought this panel in St Joseph, Oregon many years ago on a trip out west to see my sister in Clarkston, Wa. I went sightseeing one day happened (imagine that) upon a fabric shop. I didn’t want to take the time to make a quilt so I carefully cut the panel apart so I could have 4 placemats. A great reminder of a wonderful trip. And I knew Bonnie would be waiting when I get my mats done! :D

Beautiful Backing, KalamaQuilts

Cheesehead 12-17-2017 03:14 PM

Oh Wow GramE, those are beautiful!

Jan

NZquilter 12-17-2017 03:25 PM

Yay, I actually did get all my pieces cut for clue 4! Now to begin the fun part of chain sewing.

KalamaQuilts, what a great idea to make a pieced back. Is it going to be harder to quilt though all the seams bulk? What color thread will you be using? I'm never sure what color to use on quilts with no set color scheme.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pretty fabrics coming to play in clue 4!

Kassaundra 12-17-2017 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm caught up on the clues (doing 2/3 rds for now ) so back to the backing. I have roughly 1/4 of the fabric for the back pieced into 9 inch squares now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585602[/ATTACH]