Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrap those scrap mounds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrap-those-scrap-mounds-t297005.html)

oksewglad 07-09-2018 06:49 AM

What a load of scrap you have used, LydiaAlicia....well done! The hexagon blocks look intriguing...what's your plan with these?

m-fay 07-09-2018 07:57 AM

I just found this challenge. I've been doing it anyway. Earlier this year, I joined up all my disasters to make "fabric" (no pattern just scraps joined together) and I will make dog blankets for my dog.and just this weekend I sorted out my scrap boxes and threw out anything less than 2 1/2 "square. I sorted them into lights, mediums and darks and I will redo some of paintmejudy's scrappy mysteries and I like some of the ones pictured on here too. I will post pictures when I can.

LydiaAlicia 07-09-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8090687)
What a load of scrap you have used, LydiaAlicia....well done! The hexagon blocks look intriguing...what's your plan with these?

My plan is to arrange them in some sort of “pleasing arrangement “ and then join them the same way I made the blocks. I did that by using a decorative stitch to join the pieces.

wildyard 07-09-2018 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just realized I never posted here the finished project of my Rainy Night Windows. Here are photos of the front and back and I'm so pleased with myself and how it came out:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597550[/ATTACH]

wildyard 07-09-2018 10:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The finished quilt, Rose Garden:[ATTACH=CONFIG]597551[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]597552[/ATTACH]

wildyard 07-09-2018 10:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And my current scrappy pattern is Tulip Beds. It's my version of a table topper I found on a blog site, I am loving this quilt and might end up keeping it for myself. It will be the first of my quilts that I have kept. Right now it's in flimsy stage as I'm taking a break from quilting to sew up scrappy strings and pieces. Also including a photo of my first ever stringy thingys! [ATTACH=CONFIG]597553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597554[/ATTACH]

SillySusan 07-09-2018 10:14 AM

Wow, Lydia, you must have worked day and night to do all these! I thought I was doing a good job, but nothing near your accomplishments. Wow!!! Great job! And all beautiful!! I better get busy... I'm drowning in scraps. :(

retiredteacher09 07-09-2018 04:38 PM

LydiaAlicia: Wow! Great scrappy quilts! Congratulations on completing them.

Wildyard: Wow! You have been busy also. Great quilts.

LydiaAlicia 07-09-2018 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 8090818)
I just realized I never posted here the finished project of my Rainy Night Windows. Here are photos of the front and back and I'm so pleased with myself and how it came out:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597550[/ATTACH]

O my goodness I love it! I just finished my first “modern quilt” a month or so ago. It was fun stepping outside the box

oksewglad 07-09-2018 05:54 PM

Welcome m-fay!
Linda I've got some bits and pieces similar to your last photo that I've been playing with...never thought to add larger crumb blocks to the mix...hmmmmm food for thought!