Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 06-01-2012 09:49 AM

Very pretty sylviak!! good for you, always nice to have one for self.

ranger 06-01-2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5258207)
Well, better late than never! I'd been meaning to get this little quilt bound for a long time and finally got it done. This is a "me" quilt. Most of my quilts are giveaways, so I thought I'd try to make a few for myself this year. I love the fabric in this one, although the purples are darker than the picture shows. There are 3 pictures.

It's beautiful! The purples
are luscious.
Just saw it in your other post and came here to reply.
Wonderful quilting too.

ranger 06-01-2012 10:20 AM

J.M.---- Good luck getting your IC blocks together.
Looking forward to seeing it finished.

QuilterMomma 06-01-2012 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally I get to post an unfinished for you since I gave a tease. Love how this came out and so does Whigrose.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339277[/ATTACH]

dublb 06-01-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5258734)
Finally I get to post an unfinished for you since I gave a tease. Love how this came out and so does Whigrose.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339277[/ATTACH]

Gasp! That's just lovely! Good job!

carriem 06-01-2012 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sylvia--great quilt! Always nice to make one "just for me". :)

QuilterMomma--very pretty...love the quilting.

I made good progress today...got the border on and quilting done on a simple lap quilt...just have to do the binding. Also my dd got her binding sewing on today and did paperwork for 4-H to take the quilt to Fair. She hopes to get the binding sewn down early next week. Here is a picture of her and her quilt right after she got the quilting done (I know it isn't finished yet, but thought everyone would appreciate her excitement.) :)

BarbEllen 06-01-2012 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow there are so many beautiful finishes here since the last time I checked in.
Wildyard the beaches I am sorry for your loss. The Beach Quilt turned out so nicely.
So many amazing quilts & quilters here.
I did manage to finish this top from a UFO pile.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339303[/ATTACH]

wildyard 06-01-2012 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great finishes rolling in!!! I have the wedding quilt all layered and pinned, just waiting for the fibro to ebb enough for me to handle the quilting.
I was looking for some inspiration for a patriotic challenge but instead came across the kaleidascope I started while waiting to be able to make it home from Ohio and got all inspired to finish that one up. I've got the blocks sewn together and today I cut the sashings. Here is a peek at the proposed layout I'm heading towards.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339312[/ATTACH]

brushandthimble 06-01-2012 06:11 PM

working on June UFO's 2 tablerunners pieced and borders added, made from blocks made a few years ago.
placemats ready to load with backing and batting waiting. Lap quilt waiting for borders on one side.

Fraew 06-01-2012 06:57 PM

Eeeeek! Today's posting are simply amazingly beauteous Maximus! :thumbup:

QM I think u just helped me solve a problem with layout to finish one of my UFOs! Yippee.