Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Whigrose 07-02-2012 03:18 PM

QuilterMomma,
You have indeed been a very busy lady! Holy smokes girl.

Nice stuff.

best,
d

carriem 07-03-2012 05:50 AM

Some more great finishes!

QM--Are all these quilted quilts your tops or do you LA for others?

QuilterMomma 07-03-2012 07:37 AM

Those are all mine that I did myself. I do LA for others, but I am working on getting mine done as well this year. I have a few customer quilts coming in this week. The only ones I post on this challenge is mine. And yes, there are more to come.

QuilterMomma 07-03-2012 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5334134)
Qm,
this is what the LA who did the quilt for you said. Also said she'll never do another one like it:-( Guess 30 hours was over the top.

best,
d

she went around all the applique and then did the crosshatch from end to end. I just did in the blocks individually so mine was a bit easier than my beautiful quilt you gave me. If anyone needs to know the avatar Whigrose is displaying as of today is the quilt she gave me on the Quilt for Quilters Swap that jillaine hosted. It was great fun and a wonderful treat to have someone make you a quilt.

Fraew 07-03-2012 08:44 AM

Beautiful finishes!

oksewglad 07-03-2012 11:42 AM

QuilterMomma Yeah--wonderful job on all of them!

jillaine 07-04-2012 05:26 AM

This is STUNNING, QuilterMomma! What will go around the center? I LOVE this!!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5326755)
Don't these kaliedescopes/Stack N Whacks just take so much time to do? You have done a nice job on them. And that second one, will it always have that big black thing in the middle of the bottom? Looks like you were being checked out that they are right.

Well, finished a center I was working on. Hand applique work. Not my favorite no wonder it has taken over a year to do. Next month will get the quilt done. My goal was the center and it is accomplished.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345502[/ATTACH]

jillaine 07-04-2012 05:30 AM

Catching up on the rest of this thread-- LOVE the Civil War quilts, too, QM. Someone is going to be very happy!

jillaine 07-04-2012 05:32 AM

Quiltermomma, remind us of your goal and progress towards it?

jillaine 07-04-2012 05:36 AM

I want to see a photo of the list with those that are done crossed off! ;-)

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4784204)
How I counted mine was that we needed to clean garage for new longarm machine so the child went thru each one to help me sort and organize where I should put things in the cupboards and each project was either in a box, plastic bin, or a plastic bag. she would ask me if this fabric was ok to put away and I said it went with this project and then i got a look and she simply states "I think we need to make a list mom to help you get these things done". that was it, she started it and now I have a long list of five pages long with each item on it. Now I do not think it fair she put her skirt and shirt to be done when that is her project, but it made my list, hmmmmmmm...... some issue there for me. LOl