Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

ranger 06-30-2012 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5326461)
Now I can show my DD that I am not that messy of a person although if I would just put things back away after using them maybe mine would not be as close to yours yet. Thinking while I am gone next week out of town at a longarm retreat, a first for me in over 6 years a retreat, that I should take the baby in for a maintenance check and clean up my desk for while I am gone the family can miss me more.

Here are a couple more finishes for June. Finally done. Was on longarm last night till 10 and up doing binding till 11:30. i still have four more to quilt up. I did set a mini goal for myself for June and that was to finish the hand applique of a 30s BOM I started over a year ago. I am not going to do anymore BOM for a long time. I just don't finish them. I have another BOM that is waiting to be quilted. I think I will do next month so can enter in fair. Anyway, here they are. Will photo the 30s center when done. having trouble with the applique, been doing by hand then did a little by machine and think will finish by hand. [ATTACH=CONFIG]345468[/ATTACH]

QM......when I looked earlier, I missed these two.
Ring the bells again!
Lovely fabrics. I like the pattern in that second one.
You are being very productive.
Keep on rolling!!

QuilterMomma 06-30-2012 12:33 PM

one finished and churn dash on longarm. decided to do custom work and so much slower ugh. i torture myself to much. dh said quilt it to sell so went outside circle again. be back in a few hours with photos

missgigglewings 07-01-2012 07:40 AM

Hey Cowboy!

2 Attachment(s)
I purchased this fabric 3 years ago and fussy cut the cowgirls. I needed more of the fabric and couldn't find it so I made her a twin instead of a double. It is for a good friend who actually is a cowgirl and loves pink!. I finished it 2 days ago and just got the picture taken last night...so it is my July UFO finished and gifted!

wildyard 07-01-2012 09:12 AM

I loveeeeee your cowgirl quilt! She is a sassy thing. LOL And good for her!

dublb 07-01-2012 02:35 PM

Now that's just darlin!:thumbup:

QuilterMomma 07-02-2012 07:58 AM

I just loved that fabric. I had it in the black colorway. Love Laura Heine's fabric designs. You did a great job with it. Wonderful.

QuilterMomma 07-02-2012 08:05 AM

Three finishes for June and one for July.

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I worked on this weekend. i am exhausted. Finishing up the binding on the Civil War quilt. I showed you ladies the layout and I got it quilted Sunday after church. love the wreaths in it. Then the floral applique was Saturday along with the Churn Dash which too six hours to do all that work, and then the chinese lantern one I whipped out in two because did not have hardly any ruler work and I wanted to be done by 6:00. yes that is all I did not Saturday, was more than enough.

QuilterMomma 07-02-2012 09:34 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Let us try to post photos again.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346028[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346029[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346033[/ATTACH] Was excited about the quilting I did on them. Love how each turned out, but will tell you that cross hatch takes some time to get done but once you find your rhythum, can do whole block w/o starting and stopping.

dublb 07-02-2012 11:03 AM

Oh Wow QM! They're breathtakin'!:thumbup:

Whigrose 07-02-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5333461)
but will tell you that cross hatch takes some time to get done

Qm,
this is what the LA who did the quilt for you said. Also said she'll never do another one like it:-( Guess 30 hours was over the top.

best,
d