Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 09-28-2023, 06:58 PM

I just typed up a huge message about shipping and it got deleted. grr.

Pirate Ship is the way to go for shipping. Flat rate is probably the most affordable shipping option considering we are shipping across the country. The post office will send you FREE shipping supplies. Padded flat rate envelopes will work for the first couple rounds. Medium flat rate boxes will work as items get bigger. The containers we ship in are the real totes. If we were meeting at a guild meeting, a regular tote would make more sense. https://www.pirateship.com/rates

https://store.usps.com/store/product...elope-P_EP14PE

https://store.usps.com/store/product...box-1-P_O_FRB1

There are two styles of flat rate boxes. I actually like the other style of medium flat rate boxes better. https://store.usps.com/store/product...box-2-P_O_FRB2

How you choose to ship is up to you but you have to send me a tracking number so I can keep up with everything.

Last edited by ibex94; 09-28-2023 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 07:03 PM

If you are starting to play with your initial portion of the quilt, please be sure to use small stitching because as we slice and dice, we don't need the seams failing. We all want to work on the additions, not repairing the original.
Old 09-28-2023, 07:14 PM

Hey all -- WesternWilson has offered to be our photo archivist for the project. She will keep all the pictures we send of our progress secret until the grand reveal and then give us the slide shows of all our quilts as they developed. How cool is that? It is something to discuss, f'sure. Thank you for the offer WesternWilson!
Old 09-28-2023, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Still thinking about what would be the best tote to include.Maybe just a tote bag to hold everything in. I don’t want to add weight to the shipping.
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
The containers we ship in are the real totes. If we were meeting at a guild meeting, a regular tote would make more sense.
That was my understanding also, ibex - the totes are actually whatever we place our supplies in.

We will probably need to be very careful about how we pack and open the shipments - I wouldn't want to accidentally cut anything!
Old 09-28-2023, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Hey all -- WesternWilson has offered to be our photo archivist for the project. She will keep all the pictures we send of our progress secret until the grand reveal and then give us the slide shows of all our quilts as they developed. How cool is that? It is something to discuss, f'sure. Thank you for the offer WesternWilson!
I love this idea, thank you WesternWilson!!
So, does this mean we email or text the photos to her, and if so, we'll need to add her contact info to the list, won't we?
Old 09-28-2023, 11:17 PM

Thank you, Western Wilson! That is such a great idea. I sure wish we could have a team of seven....
Old 09-29-2023, 04:55 AM

I have sent WesternWilson a pm about this. If all is confirmed, I will send you all a new roster with our seventh team member.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:53 AM

Hi all, Janet here. You are most welcome to use either my board handle or my name, no worries if you want to stick to handles for privacy reasons.

If anyone needs to mail me, let me know. I live in Canada, but on the border and can pop over to my friend's place and pick up mail in the USA (she's my design consultant when I need to explore options on quilts!).

If one of you could let me know the instructions for each round and any interesting info from the videos, that would help keep things organized and interesting on my end.

I will keep the photos of each quilt on each round and put together a slideshow when you are all done.

Does Mad Adders have you make a note of what you did on each round and why?

Last edited by patricej; 09-29-2023 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:15 AM

I'm signed up on Ricky's site. Now I just have to get a starting piece made.
Thank you WesternWilson. What a generous offer of your time and talent. I will e-mail a picture of my start as soon as I get it made.
I am traveling from 10/2 to 10/17 and will send out my starting piece when I return.
This is scary and adventuresome...charting new territory here.
Thanks to everyone who has joined.
C Joyce
Old 09-29-2023, 09:29 AM

I've asked the admins to remove your email address but that may result in the entire post being deleted. Too many trolls on public boards!!

Also, we may not be able to give you explicit instructions from month to month as that may be prohibited by the RT program. Until we have had our first meeting, it is hard to know. Copyright infringement type issues.

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Hi all, Janet here. You are most welcome to use either my board handle or my name, no worries if you want to stick to handles for privacy reasons.

Here is my email

If anyone needs to mail me, let me know. I live in Canada, but on the border and can pop over to my friend's place and pick up mail in the USA (she's my design consultant when I need to explore options on quilts!).

If one of you could let me know the instructions for each round and any interesting info from the videos, that would help keep things organized and interesting on my end.

I will keep the photos of each quilt on each round and put together a slideshow when you are all done.

Does Mad Adders have you make a note of what you did on each round and why?

Last edited by ibex94; 09-29-2023 at 09:36 AM.