Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt >

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt

Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Maybe we can use the Patriotic fabric in the Summer BOW Debbie is hosting
Indeed! Have you already starting that one? I did not sign up yet as I am barely keeping up with this one. I did buy some pretty patterns from Monterrey Medallions Atkinson Designs that I might want to do in patriotic fabrics. They have a booklet-https://www.whittlesfabrics.com/monterrey-medallions-booklet and I saw it in a red white and blue colorway on Wittle face book pages. Very pretty.

http://whittlesfabrics.blogspot.com/...edallions.html

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-25-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:41 PM

SBG, Either my camera doesn't show the correct color, or there are some monitor issues? The pinwheel block is dark brown, light brown, and rust. The churn dash block has a light brown print background, dark brown and blue triangles. lol No pinks for those two!

Annaquilts, Great link for the medallion quilt! They are one of my favorite types of quilts. Thanks for sharing that.

H4B, My sister loves the red/white/blue combo. Right now there are so many patriotic fabrics in the shops. They sure are tempting! The quilt for your son is going to be cool.

Last edited by givio; 06-25-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Indeed! Have you already starting that one? I did not sign up yet as I am barely keeping up with this one. I did buy some pretty patterns from Monterrey Medallions Atkinson Designs that I might want to do in patriotic fabrics. They have a booklet-https://www.whittlesfabrics.com/monterrey-medallions-booklet and I saw it in a red white and blue colorway on Wittle face book pages. Very pretty.

WOW that black one (Monterey Medallions) is to die for! I wonder what they meant where the pattern says simple or challenging versions. Janet
Old 06-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

It is not just a set pattern, it is a whole little booklet with different sizes and a more challenging version. I really like it and thought it worth the $. I plan to make several versions and sizes. I think both the red/white/blue and the black version are made using the challenge pattern.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:11 PM

It is not just a set pattern, it is a whole little booklet with different sizes and a more challenging version. I really like it and thought it worth the $. I plan to make several versions and sizes. I think both the red/white/blue and the black version are made using the challenge pattern.
Maybe I will wait and order it when I order more fabric... then it will just cost postage one time! lol Stop laughing... I'm not cheap, I'm economical!

Here is block 5- Double X (Better done than perfect- nothing that won't quilt out!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575344[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails r-r-5-double-x.jpg  
Old 06-25-2017, 07:09 PM

Hav4boys: I really like those patriotic colors!

Just Jan: Nice blocks. I like the polka dot neutral.

Connie
Old 06-25-2017, 07:10 PM

those patterns look like log cabins. the coloring and layout makes the design. Looks complicated.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:25 PM

Here is block 4, 5, 6, and 7. Almost caught up.
Attached Thumbnails 20170625_212415.jpg   20170625_212405.jpg   20170625_212352.jpg   20170625_212343.jpg  
Old 06-25-2017, 10:43 PM
Power Poster

those patterns look like log cabins. the coloring and layout makes the design. Looks complicated.
Yes it looks pretty easy but nice. That is why I got it.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:48 PM

Way to go Christine and Just Jan! Your blocks are beautiful! I got to get busy on the boarder or it is going to sneak up on me.

Frustratedquilter40: what a great brown edge to your pinwheel block. It is fantastic. What is the white "box" in the upper left of the first picture?

Jane Quilter
The clear box holds all my sewing paraphernalia. The white box with the designs is what my Olfa rotary cutter came in, now it holds my pigment pens.