Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along >

Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along

Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along

Old 08-06-2019, 07:36 AM

Cherrybsixty - I agree completely, any hint of fall makes me want to sew, sew, sew! However, I do wish to take advantage of this beautiful summer weather as long as I can As seems to be the usual for me (regardless of the season) there's sew much to do with so little time!

Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day
Old 08-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

jmoore, nice job. I love red!
Old 08-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Lovely jmoore. Congrats on finishing the top!
Old 08-06-2019, 09:11 PM

want to join. Have always wanted to try this block
Old 08-07-2019, 02:37 AM

Thank you all for the nice comments... I attached the two side borders yesterday afternoon and I’m hoping to get the top & bottom borders on this morning. It requires a lot of pinning in order to match up the 2 1/2 inch blocks but I think it is worth it in the long run. I ordered backing on sale online and am awaiting delivery.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Jmoore- that's a beauty!!!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Glad to have you, yellowwroses....

My IC is sandwiched and ready to go under the machine. It's probably next after the one I'm quilting now. If I can get it done this week, I will donate it on Saturday at my monthly meeting.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:10 AM

SBG, I will be anxious to see how you quilt your IC. One of the reasons I jumped on this SAL was that the IC is perfect to practice FMQ on my new LA, especially in the open (white) space. I am trying to decide if I want to do a design or just edge to edge.

You are so generous with your donations.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:35 AM

I am having so much difficulty quilting my IC -. I am going to give up on the frame take it off and glue baste it and take it onto another machine for quilting. This is like a bad dream to finish this quilt. I had planned to have it done weeks ago and now I am not sure what the heck I will do to fix the mess that I keep frog stitching every few days. I just went in and tried another small patch, thank goodness it was a small patch and it messed up too. I have had enough. So it is time to change gears and go at it a different way. Back to bicycle clips and my dinning room table. I know when to quit and so that is what I am going to do before I see this go into the UFO pile when it is so close to being finished. I have about 1/3 of it quilted and it has been one of the worst experiences. Just time to move on. This has been fun too. Oh I will give it a shot to get finished as soon as I can get it off the frame and I quilt torturing myself about it. One step at a time. Who knows maybe I will just make another one.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
SBG, I will be anxious to see how you quilt your IC. One of the reasons I jumped on this SAL was that the IC is perfect to practice FMQ on my new LA, especially in the open (white) space. I am trying to decide if I want to do a design or just edge to edge.

You are so generous with your donations.
Thanks, jmoore....

Don't know if you remember, but mine is a children's I Spy Irish Chain. One of you lovely people suggested I quilt kites in the white diamonds, and that is what I'm planning to do. Sorry I can't remember who suggested the kites... but it was genius!

For the colored squares I am going to do something simple, like either cross hatching or continuous curves.

Why don't you do something fun in your white spaces?