Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Blog Entries
    Busted 5 yards of fat quarters and will get the last ones onto the border on a mystery quilt. So happy! Only had them in the cupboard for 7 years or so.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I have been in a slump but I have a 4 day retreat locally next week, then on the 3rd I leave for another 4 day retreat that is about 110 miles away from home. Usually during that time we take a trip to the fabric store. But my plan is to not do that and use my stash. To accomplish that I have been taking all my 1/8' yard pieces, fq's and scraps of batiks and cutting out for the chain block that is on quilters cache. We just did some for a charity quilt at our group. Also taking along a bunch of UFO's and kits that I put together and have fallen behind on. So hopefully should have some projects to post after these two retreats. Along with a mystery that we are doing at the retreat next week, and some mini classes that I am teaching. Should have a good jump on stuff for xmas next year.

Blog Entries
    Busted out some stash fabric scraps of my Buggy Barn fabrics. Got a bunch of civil war blocks all cut up and ready to go now.

Well, truth be known, I fell off the wagon too. On my way back from Atlanta where I picked up my sister to bring her to TN for a visit, we stopped in Ringold, GA at Sew Bee It and I bought backings. THey were 30% off. Got one for me and one for Quilts of Valor which I donated on Saturday. I also bought some 'just because' fabrics at the quilt show on Thursday. Have been a bad girl there, but have been sewing and using my stash. Here's a picture of one where it was 100% stash. Entered it in the quilt show, no ribbon, but that's okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Kathleen, it is sew beautiful.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    The cat likes it. Bet it thinks the butterflies are going to jump off the quilt. It is very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    Finished up this bag as I stash bust along... I asked them to just send 5 labels and the pattern as I would supply fabric. Amazing what you can find in the stash. Have cut four more bag kits for more sewing days once I conquer this stash!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...s-t206390.html
    Love the bag!! I just received 10labels from them..I too turned down the offer of fabric, as I REALLY need to reduce my stash!!

dd
    I finally got to Joann's yesterday to get the fusible Pellon for the totebags. At the register the girl rang everything up and took my 50% off cpn for the Pellon. She said, it says there is nothing to use the cpn on. I told her the Pellon was not on sale & I wanted to use it on that so she called someone. I looked at the little screen on my side and it read 50% off the Pellon. I told her it already did it. The other woman said no, Pellon is not fabric and you can't use that cpn. I said again, the register already did it. We were all confused but at least I got the 50% off. It was originally $8.29/yd. Then I went to Walmart. They had it for about $5/yd. So it was still cheaper with the cpn. Today I work on the bag.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Since when is Pellon not fabric??? In that case fleece and felt aren't either.

dd
    She said it was interfacing not fabric. I was just glad I got the 50% discount.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Made two totes from stash. One with upholstery fabric outside and "why did I get that" fabric (think it is 100% polyester) inside. The other is heavy denim with superheroes lining for DGS iPad. Also have two quilts from swap blocks that have sashing from my stash and fleece (also from stash) backing/batting. Binding will be from stash as well.

Inspectorcmm

Here's one of my stash busting. all stash except binding and half of iron on interfacing.

Blog Entries
    Once I get myself back up and running 100% I bet I will have some more stash busting done. But, I did a no no, saw some fabric at $4 per yard, and bought 8 yards. It will help get rid of some blocks that are in my stash so i can get a top done and will use it for the back as well since it is enough. Whew, not a total wrong, will help bust some stash.

Sounds like a good deal to me - a total of $32 and stash busing to make a quilt!
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

One of my stash busters!! All from stash, that came from a garage sale....large throw quilt 50X60Name:  gingham1.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  1.01 MB

My daughter's prom dress- also made from stash! Name:  prom dress.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  18.3 KB

Finally a twin sized quilt made from stash . The fabric was also from a garage sale purchase! Even the batting was in my stash, since I buy it when I have good coupons
    Name:  stashtwin.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  960.5 KB

dil wanted a pink binding. She asked for this for her birthday.so this came completely out of my stash.

Pat 625, that is a beautiful quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    dil wanted a pink binding. She asked for this for her birthday.so this came completely out of my stash.
    What a great job!! I can't wait until I have the time to learn to FMQ like you do...

OK...ya'll have hooked me in! I have read every post on all 20 pages and I wanna bust some stash too! I have 8 bins, a 7 ft tall bookcase and a babys dressing table full of stash stuff in my garage and a 3 ft x 4ft shelf unit in my sewing room and some of those under the bed thingys..under the bed...too much stash! Amoung them are 8and hald Boom Block sets from lovingizabella's Boomerang swaps! So...can I blame part of my ufos on her? And can I join you all here?

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    OK...ya'll have hooked me in! I have read every post on all 20 pages and I wanna bust some stash too! I have 8 bins, a 7 ft tall bookcase and a babys dressing table full of stash stuff in my garage and a 3 ft x 4ft shelf unit in my sewing room and some of those under the bed thingys..under the bed...too much stash! Amoung them are 8and hald Boom Block sets from lovingizabella's Boomerang swaps! So...can I blame part of my ufos on her? And can I join you all here?
    WELCOME!! It is amazing what you
    can make from your stash!! I have also been cutting squares and strips from my scraps and organizing them in boxes for tons of scrappy quilts..if it's too thin for a strip, I put it in a box of strings for the string quilt I have started..I have also completed 2 dog beds from any pieces too small to use anywhere else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    WELCOME!! It is amazing what you
    can make from your stash!! I have also been cutting squares and strips from my scraps and organizing them in boxes for tons of scrappy quilts..if it's too thin for a strip, I put it in a box of strings for the string quilt I have started..I have also completed 2 dog beds from any pieces too small to use anywhere else!!
    Yep, I got more strings cut, more squares, more everything and I think the scraps grow everynite. I don't think I made a dent in my scraps either. I have 2 dog beds made and enough scraps for another.I am trying hard not to buy any fabric, so then my friend gives me "fabric".

I recently finished the quilt in the attached picture from my stash. I did purchase the backing for it because I did not feel like piecing back. This quilt originally started out as placemats, but I thought the fabric was too nice for placemats. When I finished it DH said I should send it to my girlfriend as she likes purple. The quilt arrived yesterday. She loves it and quickly sent me a picture of her and the new quilt.
    Sophie2

Wow Sophie - that is a great quilt. And you friend's smile says it all.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast