UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 03-24-2021, 05:45 AM

MonaG, I love your quilt. Those squirrels are darling!
Old 03-25-2021, 05:49 PM

Another UFO, Forest Fire log cabin quilt. Colors remind me of Civil War.
fire-log-cabin-8-resize-2mp.jpg
Old 03-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

A lovely complementary color combination in this one pet! A lucky person who gets it.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:01 PM

Ooooooooh, love the log cabin!

I seem to be stymied in finishing anything more this month, which is sad, considering how much I'd hoped to do in March. Waiting for backing fabric, waiting for background fabric, waiting to get my basting table set up, etc, etc.

I'm going to be stuck on "Mocha Stars" for a while - I took this class with Kim Diehl in May of 2014 and didn't complete a single block, only some star sections. I dragged it out of the bin a couple of days ago and got to work. I've got the center sewn together and the borders pieced, but man, I've got a long way to go.

Starch-prepared flowers and berries and leaves - couple hundred teeny little pieces. At least I can sew most of it on by machine.

Attached Thumbnails mocha-stars-kim-diehl.jpg  
Old 03-26-2021, 01:21 AM

ThePolyParrot - fabulous quilt! I love Kim Diehl's designs.

PetTheFabric - also fabulous quilt, and I love lots of greenery in it.

Myself - my oldest UFO (from 2018 I believe) is finished. I am soo happy. This makes it 4th out of 5 UFOs. Yesterday I also started quilting the last one. It will be my first big and fully free motion quilted thing. I hope I will have all my UFOs done by the end of spring.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:59 AM

Monag- fantastic finish, love those squirrels

petthefabric- great color combination- congrats on getting it off the pile

thepolyparrot- that is a gorgeous block

vasilisa- it must feel really good to be down to your last UFO... Super congratulations!

I’m still dithering on whether I want to add any more quilting to the UFO I’ve been trying to get finished for this month, and also how to bind it...sometimes the decision making takes way longer than the execution.

Rob
Old 03-26-2021, 03:08 AM

Pollyparrot, what a stunning beautiful quilt center! I can see why you delayed but then, I can see why you want to get the quilt finished. I hear you sighing that deep sigh of accomplishment and admiration of such a beauty that came from you hands and needle. Looking forward to the next step toward the finish.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:17 AM

Oh my, such beautiful quilts! Congratulations on all the wonderful finishes!

Personally, I have fallen off the wagon! My next UFO in line needs to be sandwiched. We all got covid and I was too tired to crawl around on the floor to do the basting, but I *really* wanted to be doing something! So I pulled out my scraps and started another quilt...naughty me!! Now I have little scrappy squares all over my sewing table and I "can't possibly" interrupt that mess until I've got them all sewn together in some order!
Old 03-26-2021, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

polyparrot...all that applique, so pretty, too! I haven't done much and so admire those who do. (Yesterday at the shop we got a beautiful appliqued quilt of flower blocks to be quilted. It was lovely.)

Vasilisa...you will have those UFO's taken care of in no time...wish it was me with that progress.

Hope you are on the mend PiedPiper. I so understand your need to do something little! Think of it as a therapy break.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:41 AM

petthefabric, that's a wonderful log cabin. I love the variety of lights and how the red center shines out.

thepolyparrot, the 'Mocha Stars' is beautiful!