Unity Quilt-along

Old 04-02-2020, 11:18 PM

Angelia, that sounds like a great idea, using different colors each clue. Your center block is beautiful.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:51 PM

I finished my block last night. I noticed the same fabric touching or in close proximity but the block measured correctly so I am happy.
Attached Thumbnails 24a6adc2-a1bb-480f-ad88-04f469ca7339.jpeg  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:31 AM

Looks good, Connie! I'm hoping I can finish mine today. I may leave off the sashing for now, in the hope that knowing more will help me decide what to use.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:41 AM

I am liking the look of this a lot more after seeing the next step. Still, I think I will modify the center to something more symmetrical....but using the same style blocks for the most part.

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...ng-part-2.html
Old 04-07-2020, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the link, Cattitude!

I'm somewhat confused by those dark blue triangles (geese) adjacent to the first round sashing. I think I may make them in the aqua color instead.

It's different, doing a Bonnie mystery and not making hundreds of everything, lol.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:33 PM

I have finished constructing and trimming this week's components and returned tonight to putting together the center block. I discovered that working with pressed open scant 1/4" seams makes me irritable, so I am returning to pressing to the side for the remainder of the center block.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:26 AM

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...ng-part-3.html

You are doing better than I am joe'smom….. yesterday morning I thought I had finally decided what fabric to use. I had decided with a few modifications I would use some cute aqua, yellow and grey baby fabric and limit the quilt to the amount of rows that would work size wise. But I just wasn't going to have enough of the predominantly yellow fabric to make it work. I think I have finally found enough of three different colour families in my very limited stash, darker reds, greenish aquas and blue. If I finally get going this week I am going to pass on row three (link above) and wait to see what the next row is.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:08 AM

I may skip this week's row, too, as I work on putting together weeks one and two. I don't want too large of a quilt. Given how the size increases with each row, I wonder how many rows Bonnie is planning.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

I got part one and two done. That's enough for me. I'm not a fan of little pieces. I don't think little piecing equals pretty, just time consuming.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:06 PM

I’m still working on last week’s clue. I’m on the Square-in-a Square and have all of my blue squares cut. So thankful I had the right size for my die cutter. I am also cutting the triangle corners with the die cutter. I haven’t assembled the rows yet. I think I may do 4 at a time flying geese for today’s clue. I won’t obviously have as much color variety but will be easier to assemble.