Unity Quilt-along

Old 03-29-2020, 01:06 PM

Default Unity Quilt-along

Looks like Bonnie Hunter has another pseudo mystery starting tomorrow. This one will start with a medallion center and expand from there. Just a heads up if anyone is interested.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:33 AM

I think I'm going to join in. I skipped the last mystery due to moving, so I'm ready for one.

First clue it tomorrow

Unity Mystery
Old 03-30-2020, 05:17 AM

Pass on this one. I have too many quilts on my to do list. Trying to use this time to check off some of the quilts that have been waiting in line to be: finished, started, bound or gifted. Have fun. Lovely colors.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Part one is posted https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...ng-part-1.html
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Cattitude!

I'm keeping an eye on three quarantine mysteries -- the Edyta Sitar 100 Block, the Quilted Twins Old World Fantasy and Bonnie's Unity. I've pulled fabrics and am copying the clues, but also plan to continue with my regularly scheduled projects, so I will not attempt to keep up with the pace.

edit

Hmm, I don't much care for the look of that medallion center.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 AM

I too am on the fence. While I appreciate that she is trying to do her part by giving her followers something to keep distracted during this crisis I have quite a few of my own projects to work on. When I heard 'medallion' I was thinking of something a bit more spectacular. This looks like one of her regular blocks to me. I will follow the other clues and if I like those I will likely redesign the center more to my liking.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM

I am planing on doing the Unity Quilt Along.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:02 AM

After I get one more backing iron, some batting pieced and two more tops prepped for the LAQ, I will work on Bonnie's Unity quilt along. She as well as other teaching quilters are giving some of their talents and of course their time. The colors look great and I am thinking this could be a quilt that goes to our guild program for military, police officers and first responders. I am downloading Edyta's quilt along as I was finishing up tops. Even if I don't love some of the designs, I appreciate that these quilters are trying to lift our spirits and bless them for helping many of us use more of our stash.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:25 PM

Thank-you cattitude, for starting this. I will try to follow along. I feel like I’m a week behind, but I should be able to catch up. Unsure of colors right now. Tomorrow I will pick out fabric. And get going.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:59 PM

I printed off the instructions for Bonnie's Unity, but changing the aqua to green. I am also doing Edyta's Mystery 2020, but started late, so am behind on the blocks. Kind of interesting the way she lays out the blocks as we go along. I finished quilting Frolic a week ago and have to trim and bind it. Nothing like having several things going at once!