Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryer >

Air Fryer

Air Fryer

Old 01-12-2024, 05:37 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Thanks for all your input. I made chicken today using the recipe in the accompanying recipe book. It was great!
Now I am going to try the apple crisp!
Old 01-12-2024, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Thanks for all your input. I made chicken today using the recipe in the accompanying recipe book. It was great!
Now I am going to try the apple crisp!
I forgot to add that my 8" round pan is metal and 3" high. All the ingredients wouldn't fit in a 2" high pan.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:49 AM

I don't have an air fryer, but I've been curious about them. I like the idea that they cook faster and use less oil to make traditional, fried foods. But, like Petthefabric, I have very little counter space, so there's just no room for one. I had to laugh at the comment that their's was "too smart" for them. I also get frustrated with "smart" appliances.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
I don't have an air fryer, but I've been curious about them. I like the idea that they cook faster and use less oil to make traditional, fried foods. But, like Petthefabric, I have very little counter space, so there's just no room for one. I had to laugh at the comment that their's was "too smart" for them. I also get frustrated with "smart" appliances.
check out the Ninja Flip. You can use it as a toaster and toaster oven too and it flips up out of the way when not using.
Old 01-14-2024, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the air fryer recipe links. I should use mine more often, but counter space is a premium at my house.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:46 PM

The new convention range I bought came with an air fryer setting. The air fryer setting basically works like a convention setting but the fan blows harder so they get crisper. I tested this out. Indeed breaded chicken fingers and breaded fish stick bits came out crisper than when just heated in the oven on regular back and convection. So now I do things like sweet potatoe fries and the breaded stuff on the "Air fryer" setting on my regular stove. So if you are thinking about getting a new stove, think about getting one with that setting. I don't have the counter space for a separate air fryer or toaster oven so I am pleased with this option
Old 01-15-2024, 04:28 AM

very happy to read this, this morning. We just bought a new stove and it has the "Air Fryer" setting. We were not looking for this option but you know how it goes... with years (I am 75 yo) there is always something new that stores offer so we decided to go with it.
I will certainly be tempted to learn to use this.
Old 01-15-2024, 07:40 AM

BTW, for those of us that watch British cooking shows (like the Bake Off) when they say "with fan" that is the same as using convection.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Our kids got us an air fryer for Christmas. Well actually we had to send that one back because it was a “smart” one and was supposed to connect to a smart phone. We are not “ smart” enough to have figured out how to turn it off and on ( there was not off/on button!)
Anyway now have one we can figure out. It has other settings such as bake, toast , roast.
So, what recipes do you use for your air fryer, toaster oven appliance ?
the woes of overly "smart" gadgets!
Glad you got one that's more user friendly. For the air fryer/toaster oven I've been loving crispy sweet potato fries just toss them in olive oil and your favorite spices then air fry until golden perfection.