Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Anyone have a zesty pasta salad recipe to share? >

Anyone have a zesty pasta salad recipe to share?

Anyone have a zesty pasta salad recipe to share?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:34 AM

I use Italian dressing . I like the 3 color roitni. I add peperoni and cheese, green pepper, carrot rounds, celery, radishes, tomatoes minus the seeds and the same for cucumber...any and all raw vegetables. I put a bowl of onion rounds on the side as it tends to overpower everything. Everyone likes this...you can vary the meat and cheese..
Old 07-04-2009, 08:30 AM

When I make cold pasta salad i just use the recipe off the back of McCormick's "Salad Supreme" and add fresh veggies. (grape tom. peppers, cucumbers...and black olives ~YUM~ with italian dressing) Don't forget some cheese cubes and maybe even some meat cubes. I love to use the flavored tri colored pasta that is over in the mexican section. Tomato, spinach and something else...it makes it taste that much better.
But we also like what my family calls tuna salad. elbow mac (1 lb), mayo, 1-2 cans of tuna fish (diced onion and celery). For my husband i put in garlic powder, onion powder, lots of pepper and he sprinkles parmasan cheese on top! He loves it with the wheat pasta.
But for this 4th we are going with cheater pasta and potato salad. Our local grocery store had it for $.58/lb. couldn't pass that up. haha one less thing to make :lol: