Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Avocado "Ice Cream" Recipe? >

Avocado "Ice Cream" Recipe?

Avocado "Ice Cream" Recipe?

Old 04-11-2021, 03:46 PM

Default Avocado "Ice Cream" Recipe?

I was in the grocery store today and noticed a plant-based ice cream that is made from avocados. Hummm....well, I had to try that!

I have to say that I just polished off a bowl and it is delicious! It is light and airy when fully frozen and it becomes creamy and luscious as it begins to melt in the bowl. There's no real avocado taste to it but it is good. I haven't checked the fat and calories in it yet, but it tastes lighter than regular ice cream. The brand is "Cado." It was quite a bit more expensive than the other ice creams, but I'm glad that I spent the money and tried it.

Now...how do I make this? Anyone ever made avocado ice cream?
Old 04-14-2021, 06:28 AM

sounds like something I wouldn't mind trying. Send some over here!
Old 04-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Avocados have little flavour so I can see that working for the creamy texture.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:47 AM

Wow, I put "avocado ice cream recipe" into google search and got 87,500,000 results. Some are made in blender, others in mixer. Some have sweetened condensed milk, some have coconut milk and some with plain milk. I found https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...ado-ice-cream/ and the vanilla doesn't have avocado fruit, but avocado oil and Cado contains zero lactose or dairy. It also has Vanilla Bean calories and fats carbs listed.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Wow, I put "avocado ice cream recipe" into google search and got 87,500,000 results. Some are made in blender, others in mixer. Some have sweetened condensed milk, some have coconut milk and some with plain milk. I found https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...ado-ice-cream/ and the vanilla doesn't have avocado fruit, but avocado oil and Cado contains zero lactose or dairy. It also has Vanilla Bean calories and fats carbs listed.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
I know! So many recipes!!! How is one to choose? Thanks for that URL. I'll check it out. I love ice cream. It's my very, favorite food. But all I have to do is look at the carton and I gain 5 pounds. I'd rather have a good, non-dairy option that's lower in calories and fat, even if it costs a little more.