Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Basic saucers for meat >

Basic saucers for meat

Basic saucers for meat

Old 02-14-2010, 12:16 PM

A simple saus, you can use the meat that you want, chicken, of cow etc.
You don't use the good meat but the meat you had cut off.
I try to say it in my words so if things aren't clear please ask me, i have some trouble with translating.

This saucer is based on red wine but you can add white wine if you make a partridge saucer. You can add 20 olives if you want or more carlic if you like that. You have to expiriment a little before you have a good saucer that is your taste and that your family likes.

Need:
3 spoons of oil, 400 gr meat that you cut of because you didn't want to use it( not whit bones! use pretty good meat)cut this meat in parts 1 or 2 inch. A carrot cut it the size of your meat parts. 2 pieces garlic, 1 piece of rosemary, 1 onion, 1 laurel, 20 to 30 gr butter, 1 theespoon of flower, 1 spoon tomatomesh, 1 1/2 liter of good bouillon.

Heat the pot, put the oil in and put the meat in bits and pieces in the pot. Bake them for about 3 minutes till they are goldbraun. If you want olives ad them now.

Put carrot, garlic and herbs and bake for 3 minutes, then ad the onion and bake again for 3 minutes. Put the fire low and add butter. Let it foam but don't burn it! Put the wine in.

Stir flower an tomatomesh and keep on strirring till everything is hot again. Then add the bouillon and stir also at the bottom of your pot a few times. Cook everything, turn thestove to low and leave the saucer on a low fire for at least half an hour.

Then put it trough an fine colander and put it back again in your put. Cook it carefully till it's is thick anough and like sirop does...

If its is cooled down you can put in in your freezer. You have always a delicious saucer.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:56 AM

Maksi
Thanks for the recipe.
I would love to try this, but can you please show me the pic of what you cook?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 PM

I will show you some pictures when I making the sauce. That I'll take step by step pictures.