Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bean soup

Power Poster

Bean soup

The Easter ham bones are in the pot with navy beans and onions for bean soup today. Who else will be doing the same thing?Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 748
Size:  175.2 KB

We didn't have a family dinner this year and since my hubby went keto it's just as well. Our tradition was to use the multi-bean mix (whatever the store carries... 12-, 15-, 16-etc beans) and made the way the hubby liked it, it was really "ham soup with beans".

So good! I love slow cooked foods.

If my father in law still cooked, this was his favorite part about ham bones. DH still mentions it. I don't purchase bone in hams anymore, so he is out of luck.

Me, but I will be making split pea soup. Like Toverly's FIL the ham bone for soup is my favorite part of the ham. I like bean soup too.

Just us this year (first time ever) so I actually made ham/bean soup for Easter Sunday ! Had bones in the freezer to use up. Yummy !

Not today, but soon. Too much ham and trimmings to finish eating to need a bean soup around too. After the other stuff is gone, I will make it!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool

My daughter is. I send her home with the ham pan, 2 bags of split peas and a big bag of left over dinner rolls. I did tell her she might fish out the pieces of pineapple before reinventing it as split pea soup.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I cooked a brisket this year instead of a ham but I do have a bone in the freezer and soup sounds really good.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Yes, we just did our dinner last night so have made a grocery list so that I can make Split Pea Soup but also A Turkey Pot Pie and a Turkey, rice, veggie soup. I was just mentioning to DD how I have a fridge full of food but need to buy more! I don't mind one or two meals where we just heat up the meats but am looking forward to a few variations.

Love bean soup also with chopped up carrots. We had dinner as usual at SILs house. No ham.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Was a quiet day for Easter this year as DGC were with their dad. So we just had a light dinner. I love ham and bean soup but I am the only on in the family so when I make it I put it in small containers and when I get hungry for it just heat up a small amt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Love bean soup also with chopped up carrots. We had dinner as usual at SILs house. No ham.
    diced carrots, diced onion, diced leeks, potatoes cubed small and whisk in hot mashed potatoes too.