Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cooking quick bread. >

Cooking quick bread.

Cooking quick bread.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:07 AM

Good information.
never heard of cast iron.
Shopping was a bust. Stores didn’t have supplies. Is this typical in your area?
Old 09-15-2022, 05:00 AM

I have a special one for meatloaf that has a shelf inside to keep the meat out of the grease as it's released. I use mini loaf pans for when I'm making zucchini or that type of breads so I can put the extras in the freezer or give them out as gifts. I'm a single person so can't eat that much at one time and this way I'm also not tempted to. I also have a couple glass ones too so which ever one works for what I'm baking is the one I grab these days. I also have a couple special ones that are by Nordicware and they're much heavier than the regular ones.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Most all my baking pans are cast iron. The baking pans are not as heavy as the skillets or dutch ovens. The loaf pan is $20 at Walmart, $29 at Bass Pro. So be careful about over paying.
https://www.lodgecastiron.com/bakeware

I have each of all these pans pictured. The flat round one is fantastic for pizza, it is for baking not a griddle. I use a Nordicware for cakes. I can't resist the new cake designs of the Nordicware.
Attached Thumbnails bakeware.jpg  

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-15-2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:06 PM

What great information. Ordered a metal pan for quick bread. Love the cast iron.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

My cast iron is the only thing my daughter has asked for in my will. LOL Each piece is very seasoned, black as tar, and super non stick.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:23 AM

I use the metal ones, I used to get them at JoAnn's with a coupon. I also use the disposal ones at holiday times, I have big and small ones. I bake mini loafs and give them to my neighbors. I also use the disposal ones to make meal loaf. I wrap them up and freeze them, take them with us when we camp.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:05 AM

Received pans today. Can’t wait to use them.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:42 AM

I too love my Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pans. The baking result is amazing. Love that stoneware!
Old 11-17-2022, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

My teen daughter bought me a Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan when she went to her first PC party. LOL She had no idea what was what. She said mom everyone was saying these pans were great. It is. I have used the loaf pan for many many years. It is much larger then my cast iron loaf pan.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:14 PM

I'm wishy was about pans. sometimes I go with old, dark, metal pans because the bottom and sides get nice and brown. However, I also have a couple of Pyrex glass pans and I love them too. They're a little smaller, but I can see how the bottom is doing and they can create a nice light crust.