Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Curious about the 3 2 1 cake

Quote Originally Posted by My time View Post
    What is everyone's favorite for this recipe?
    "Cake in a Mug"
    Our WW leader told us about the cake in the mug; same proportions . Mix the two cake mixes together, blend with wisk then measure 3 T. of cake mixture; abd 2 T. in a coffee mug and microwave 1 minute on high. It comes out looking like a little sponge cake. Very tasty.
    Lizzy in La.

I have been making it for about 2 months on and off now and never had a problem with it not riseing. I used yellow cake mix and Angel Food made it for a girl friend of mine with fresh strawberries on top she loved it. I gave her some to take home to make for her granddaughter she sits for her alot she is going to call it the Magic Cake. LoL I want to try my next batch with Lemon cake that just sounds so good.

As for your problem maybe your mix settled try mixing it up again and see what happens.
    Becky

I have made the 3-2-1 a number of time since it was here on the board. No problems here. I put mini chocolate chips on top after it has been mricowaved. Love it warm. Even took some frozen sweet dark cherries & cut them up & added to the batter. That was good too. Thank you for having posted the recipie. Had to share it with my sister-in-law, she plans to make for my brother to take along to work.

kso
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoarder View Post
    Cake??? Easy???? And I missed it!!! Please tell me more?
    Search the recipe section for a thread on 321 cake.
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890

Blog Entries
    Can this cake be dumped out of the cup or is it just eaten in the cup? Do you grease the cup?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
    Can this cake be dumped out of the cup or is it just eaten in the cup? Do you grease the cup?
    Yes, the cup is sprayed with cooking spray before you add the cake mix. Don't know if it would come out if you didn't.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    If you are making an angel cake from scratch you are supposed to turn it upside down to cool completely.

I don't believe the cup is sprayed with cooking oil.... Angel food does not require a greased pan.

Blog Entries
    I make mine in a Grab It bowl with the recipe doubled, mix in a few fresh berries, some regular choc chips and in micro for 2 min. I do not spray or grease the bowl, do not turn upside down and do not let cool down. Put Cool Whip or cream on the top and eat warm.....yummy!
    Jinnie

Blog Entries

I made this with a spice cake mix, put some fresh blackberries in it and did not spray the bowl. I did turn it out onto a cake and let it cool slightly because my topping was melting. It did not stick to the bowl, I just ran a knife around the edge and it popped right out. It has a really fresh taste and is just enough. If you're thinking it's like a regular tasting cake, it is NOT. It's like a light sponge cake and is just enough for a nice dessert. My husband loves it as well and has his with a little ice cream. I can't wait to try other flavors but two boxes of mix is alot of cake! Thanks to whoever posted this to start with.
    Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
    Yes, the cup is sprayed with cooking spray before you add the cake mix. Don't know if it would come out if you didn't.
    I don't. It did/does.
    Anne

Blog Entries
    I made a batch of this with the lemon cake mix and angel food cake mix. Really good but it does make a lot! Gave packages of it to family members. The other night my mother in law called and said she put some drained peaches in the bottom then mixed the cake mix up and poured it over the peaches and microwaved it for 1 minute - a mini cobbler! Tried it down at my mom's after breakfast and it was delicious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2