Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Deviled eggs >

Deviled eggs

Deviled eggs

Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Ok this is bad I'm 51 and I've never made deviled eggs. Anyone have a good receipe? My mom always made the deviled eggs( she passed away a few years back) for every dinner we had, soooo I never got her receipe. So I thought I would try to make them for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 PM

I always use a little spicy brown mustard some Salad dressing (mayo) salt pepper and a bit of galic powder. add enough mayo the its creamy. then sprinkle with paperkia. I have to make cook 4 dozen eggs next week my grankids love them.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM

I use salad dressing, seasoned salt and pepper and a little ranch dressing in mine. and I garnish them with sliced green olives and paprika! But my best secret is to use a cake decorator's bag to fill the eggs....it makes it creamier just from the piping!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 PM

I make them with -Miracle whip , onion powder, and a little sweet pickle relish.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

I use mayo, mustard, a little salt & pepper...sometimes I add a shake of chili powder too - yum!
Now I have to go home & hardboil some eggs....! :D
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
lin

I make mine just like zyx does. Except I'll have to try the dash of chili powder next time Sue. :)

I might just have to try all the other ways that have been posted too!! They all sound yummy.

Now I'm hungry for deviled eggs. :P
Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 PM

I make mine with miracle whip, salt, pepper, a pinch of dry mustard (can use a dab of regular mustard in place of dry mustard) A shake of garlic and onion powder. Pipe or spoon into halved egg whites and dust with paprika.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Okay, is there a recipe for deviled eggs? A real one? Ha!! I use mayo, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, oh, and relish.

For a quick and less messy way to make them put everything, includng the egg yolks into a plastic bag. Mush (technical term) it all up together. Snip the corner off of the bag and then squeeze the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. When you're through throw away the bag. No clean up necessary!!! :mrgreen: My kind of cooking!

Off to make some deviled eggs now. Yum!

Forgot to mention I usually add a spoon full of apple cider vinegar also.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Thanks ladies for the tips, They all sound yummy. I know i'll be trying them out this weekend. They are calling my name :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-09-2007, 04:38 PM

OK...I put my eggs in the pot, cover with water, heat until boiling. Then, I turn off the heat and let the eggs set in the water for 15 minutes. I dump off the water, add cold water, peel/rinse...
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
I put all my yolks in the food processor. I add Miracle Whip and mustard (and I don't know how much...usually two big spoons full of Miracle Whip and a big squirt or two of mustard!) and a little garlic powder and minced (dehydrated) onions. I've been adding some freshly minced onions the last few times in place of the dehydrated ones. I also add just a small pinch of dill weed.
Mix all that up and if it's a little dry, I add some pickle juice. Then I spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika and freshly ground pepper and another small sprinkle of dill weed.
Try to get them into the fridge to chill....if you don't eat them all first! Make sure to put them in a container with a lid or cover with saran wrap so they don't dry out. :D