Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Easy Olive Dip

  1. #1
    Senior Member PhotoKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    634

    Easy Olive Dip

    Here's a great and easy dip to take to a party, or to make last minute for unexpected guests during the holidays.

    Olive Dip

    2 8oz packages of cream cheese
    1 small jar of pimento stuffed green olives
    1 can of pitted black olives.

    Place olives in food processor and pulse a few times to chop the olives.
    Dice up cream cheese and add to olives in food processor. Pulse a few more times to desired texture.
    I top the dip with a generous dash of Mrs. Dash.
    Serve with butter crackers, ritz, or chicken in a biscuit crackers.
    (This also happens to make a great spread for sandwiches!)

    Enjoy!
    Kevin
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    wow..sounds great...I make something similar but using only the black olives, green onion and avocado! YUM

  3. #3
    Senior Member dixie_fried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    386
    if you like olives, you have to try this:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...ive_cheese_br/

    ADDICTION ALERT!

  4. #4
    Junior Member colleen1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    299
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quick and easy...I'll try it for our family Christmas this weekend! Thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member PhotoKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
    if you like olives, you have to try this:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...ive_cheese_br/

    ADDICTION ALERT!
    OH! MY! WORD! This recipe looks delicious Dixie! I am definitely going to try that, because, me and my family LOVE LOVE LOVE olives! Thanks!
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

  6. #6
    Senior Member PhotoKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    wow..sounds great...I make something similar but using only the black olives, green onion and avocado! YUM
    Jacquie, would you mind sharing your recipe? I love all of those ingredients you mentioned.......especially avocado!
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

  7. #7
    Super Member Pat P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,218
    Blog Entries
    17
    This mixture is also good spread on flour tortillas and rolled up- refridgerate then slice into pinwheels!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    29
    It's also great to stuff celery with.

  9. #9
    Senior Member PhotoKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    634
    Wonderful suggestions! I am loving this! MORE MORE MORE ideas! :-)
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

  10. #10
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    10,516
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks for the recipe. My family loves olives. They worry more about me having enough olives then they do about the main course. Will try this for sure.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

  11. #11
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    821
    Blog Entries
    1

    RE: to Olive Dip

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoKevin View Post
    Here's a great and easy dip to take to a party, or to make last minute for unexpected guests during the holidays.

    Olive Dip

    2 8oz packages of cream cheese
    1 small jar of pimento stuffed green olives
    1 can of pitted black olives.

    Place olives in food processor and pulse a few times to chop the olives.
    Dice up cream cheese and add to olives in food processor. Pulse a few more times to desired texture.
    I top the dip with a generous dash of Mrs. Dash.
    Serve with butter crackers, ritz, or chicken in a biscuit crackers.
    (This also happens to make a great spread for sandwiches!)

    Enjoy!
    Kevin
    Kevin, I love Olives and Cream Cheese so I am sure this will be a big hit with me, thanks for sharing, Granny
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    7,515
    Looks easy and yummy!
    Linda

  13. #13
    Senior Member Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    374
    I have made PWs olive bread many, many times. It's to die for. Makes your eyes roll back in your head and takes your breath away.
    Ellen......I'm gonna go play now

    http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/19.gif

    http://community.webshots.com/user/auntie_em22

  14. #14
    Senior Member dixie_fried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I have made PWs olive bread many, many times. It's to die for. Makes your eyes roll back in your head and takes your breath away.
    RIGHT?? So many of Ree's recipes are good (I got her pie crust recipe to work when NOTHING else would), but, this one is BEST, IMHO.

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,226
    Sounds yummy. I'm going to try this at our next get-together. thanks for sharing.

  16. #16
    Super Member Murphy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    2
    Love olives, thanks for sharing something savory rather than sweet. I am thinking New Year's Eve and a card game.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.