Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Food Writing Errors >

Food Writing Errors

Food Writing Errors

Old 12-04-2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Tropit ... sorry about the misunderstanding. The way I read your post, I took it that you were saying the descriptions were wrong for macarons and macaroons.

"Real" macaroons I love, but the faux ones that were made with condensed milk, then baked were always just way too sweet and icky for me. Macarons, I have never had. Not sure I would like them, because of the crusty-ness and sweetness from the meringue base.

As for the wrong definitions ... sometimes the differences in our food names/descriptions are because of the regional differences that foods take on. Of course, I can't think of examples.

I guess a seasonal one, right now, might be stuffing and dressing. To me they are one and the same, but I know for some, they mean different things.
Oh...no worries...I'm not offended. I don't think that I was very clear.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:59 AM

Oh don't get me started on closed Captioning! so bad!
Old 12-05-2021, 07:11 AM

lots can go wrong with recipes. I have some that say...add 5 cents of coconut, and 7 cents of cream. Yikes. would help if the writer also listed the year. My mom's relish recipe says things like 5 cucumbers, 6 onions ? Size please or better a cut up measurement. And my personal favorite. "cook until done" No temp, no time! I am not the cook my mom was!!!