Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Fudgy and Moist Brownie Recipe >

Fudgy and Moist Brownie Recipe

Fudgy and Moist Brownie Recipe

Old 04-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Looks like a great recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
I have a heck of time making brownies from scratch that turn out as moist as the ones in the box. I finally found a recipe that does just that, and just wanted to share with you all.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/24412/c...ownies-recipe/
I have found that if I need moist brownies in a hurry, I can buy a box of Betty Crocker dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, add two extra tablespoons of oil, and an extra egg, and 1/4 cup hersheys cocoa powder. I get nice fudgy moist brownies every time, and never have to worry about "leftovers". A friend many years ago told me that cooking mixes only have what must be in them. Period. From then to now, I have experimented with mixes, and have found many ways to improve on the convenience without losing quality.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I have found that if I need moist brownies in a hurry, I can buy a box of Betty Crocker dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, add two extra tablespoons of oil, and an extra egg, and 1/4 cup hersheys cocoa powder. I get nice fudgy moist brownies every time, and never have to worry about "leftovers". A friend many years ago told me that cooking mixes only have what must be in them. Period. From then to now, I have experimented with mixes, and have found many ways to improve on the convenience without losing quality.
I probably have some boxed brownie mix in my pantry. I use mixes and almost always like the result. I just like to bake from scratch occasionally.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Very similar to my recipe. I only use 1 cup of sugar, but the rest is about the same.

I do not add nuts, but an over the top frosting is about 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted with 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural do not know how it would work with Skippy), mix well and pour over baked brownies. YUM
Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
Very similar to my recipe. I only use 1 cup of sugar, but the rest is about the same.

I do not add nuts, but an over the top frosting is about 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted with 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural do not know how it would work with Skippy), mix well and pour over baked brownies. YUM
Sounds like YUM to me. Can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing...