Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Goat Cheese Cake >

Goat Cheese Cake

Goat Cheese Cake

Old 04-07-2024, 09:43 AM

Default Goat Cheese Cake

I haven't tried this recipe yet. It comes from one of my favorite recipe blogs, Pastry Studio, on Blogger. https://pastrystudio.blogspot.com/20...h-berries.html

I have made the Lemon Curd Cake from their files. It was delicious!!! I'm going to try their goat cheese cake next. If you try it, LMK.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:52 AM

I keep wanting to try this, but goat cheese is expensive and it never quite fits into my grocery budget. Next week, maybe.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

For many years Mr. Stitchnripper had a sensitivity to cow dairy. It wasn't lactose intolerance but something else, not an allergy. It gave him migraines. So I learned to adapt. He could eat goat, sheep and buffalo dairy. I have made him goat cheese cheesecakes. Not that recipe but he did enjoy them. To me goat cheese, no matter what kind, has a "kick" to it after I swallow it. Like a gamey, goaty taste, not that I know what goat tastes like. Mr. Stitchnripper also enjoys goat yogurt but I don't. Fast forward 25 years and he has "outgrown" his sensitivity.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:41 AM

It's funny how we do outgrow food reactions and allergies. I'm not nearly as sensitive to the many things that I was in the past.