Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
HEALTHIER, LO-CAL SNACKS AND TREATS >

HEALTHIER, LO-CAL SNACKS AND TREATS

HEALTHIER, LO-CAL SNACKS AND TREATS

Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 PM

With the weight loss topic going, I thought maybe it would be fun to share some of the low cal snacks and treats that we partake in, so that we have ideas for something other than carrot and celery sticks! ;) (NOT that those are bad...just don't smother them in Ranch dip!)

Some of the things I like:

Sugar free jello cup with 2 tablespoons of Reddi-Whip (25 calories total...and even if you don't like sugar free stuff, the whipped cream kinda covers the taste!)

Wasa Crispbread (Multigrain) spread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and topped with one slice of extra lean ham. (Without the ham, 80 calories...with the ham 110)

Sliced apple, sprinkled with one packet of Truvia and cinnamon. Nuke it for 3 or 4 minutes. (YUM!! And 80 calories for a medium sized apple)

Hershey Kisses: Let's face it, chocolate is the sixth main food group! 1 milk chocolate kiss is about 23 calories. 1 Dove dark chocolate mini is about 43 calories.

And of course, there are lots of fruits and vegies that make good snacks or treats, but check out the berries! Strawberries are amazingly low in calories and if you add a couple of tablespoons of that Reddi-Whip for an extra 20 calories you can "pig out" for next to nothing in calorie intake!

That's all I can think of now, but there are so many things out there that you can nosh on...what are some of your favorites?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
With the weight loss topic going, I thought maybe it would be fun to share some of the low cal snacks and treats that we partake in, so that we have ideas for something other than carrot and celery sticks! ;) (NOT that those are bad...just don't smother them in Ranch dip!)

Some of the things I like:

Sugar free jello cup with 2 tablespoons of Reddi-Whip (25 calories total...and even if you don't like sugar free stuff, the whipped cream kinda covers the taste!)

Wasa Crispbread (Multigrain) spread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and topped with one slice of extra lean ham. (Without the ham, 80 calories...with the ham 110)

Sliced apple, sprinkled with one packet of Truvia and cinnamon. Nuke it for 3 or 4 minutes. (YUM!! And 80 calories for a medium sized apple)

Hershey Kisses: Let's face it, chocolate is the sixth main food group! 1 milk chocolate kiss is about 23 calories. 1 Dove dark chocolate mini is about 43 calories.

And of course, there are lots of fruits and vegies that make good snacks or treats, but check out the berries! Strawberries are amazingly low in calories and if you add a couple of tablespoons of that Reddi-Whip for an extra 20 calories you can "pig out" for next to nothing in calorie intake!

That's all I can think of now, but there are so many things out there that you can nosh on...what are some of your favorites?
these all sound good.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM

I like pringles fat free (olean) chips 1 serving only 70 calories with a 90 calorie lunchmeat sandwitch on 35 calorie bread good lunch
Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM

What is Truvia?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Truvia is a sweetner from the Stevia plant...natural, but calorie free....Comes in a green box in the grocery store. :)
Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 PM

A few other things that are good are

Dried Cherries (Love these)
Cocoa almonds (gets your chocolate fix)
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM

I love the sun dried tomato Triscuits (1 pt) or 80 calories for 4 crackers, I think. And my new fave is the chocolate covered pretzels by Oreo for 100 calories.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Heres a great WW recipe for muffins.
One box cake mix any flavor and a 15 oz can pumpkin.
1/2 cup water
Mix togather
Makes 18 muffins.
350 for 30 min.
2 points
Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 AM

Thanks for the recipes! I like to take the low fat Vanilla wafers, top them with the light cool whip (fat free kind is just to "blah" for me) and then top with some shavings from a chunk of choclate. Yummy with not a whole lot of guilt! :)
Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Google Goddess

thanks