Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Home made Beef Jerky

1lb of thinly sliced beef stake
    1 cup of soy sauce
    1 cup of teriaky sauce
    1/2 cup of chile flake

Take your steak and soak your meat in it for about 2 hours after you have soaked you steak in the sauce take like a cookie cooling rack or on a wire rack lay your steak out in a row sprinkle your chile flake on the steak set your oven for 100 degrees and put your meat on the bottom rack it either foil or cookie sheet under rack to catch your drippings let it set overnight in your oven or 8 hours depend how hard or soft you desire then you will have great beef jerky mmmmm yummie

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sOUNDS WONDERFUL AND EASY. 2 OF MY FAVORITES.

Don't you need some sort of salt to cure it? just curious. The recipes I have seen all call for some sort of salt or cure. If I could leave the salt out my dad could have it--has to watch his salt intake b/c of blood pressure.
    thanks!
    Rose Hall

No because the soy sauce has salt in it already you canmore salt if you like but might get a little to salty if you dont like a lot of salt.

Sorry Rose since your dad has high blood presure you can buy the low sodium soy sauce they even make a white soy sauce I bought some about a month ago at a 99 cent store by my house it's not to bad so try the low sodium for your dear ol dad
    enjoy it Rose

Thanks! I will have to try it. I'm home with snow day #5 tomorrow. Sounds like something to have for the Super Bowl party!!
    Rose

sounds wonderful! my SIL goes hunting all winter (or is seems like that anyway) and he has been searching for a simple Jerky recipe!

Thanks!
    Sherri :)

Hello rose you can add any kind of spice to your jerky and different flavors as well you can do like a smoke kind the liquid smoke they have it a bottle you can do a black pepper to experiment with it.

you can probley make turkey jerkey to just make sure you soak it to like in a brime

Thanks for posting that. I use to make jerky all the time in a dehydrator but don't have that anymore. We were just going to look for a recipe for the oven. Great timing.
    :thumbup:

You are very welcome the best time to make it is when you find like roast on sale or like carne asda steaks on sale and hve the roast cut thin enjoy it

Blog Entries
    Do you slice it after it's cooked. Sounds so good :thumbup:

No you have to have the butcher slice it thin for you, or if you are good with a knife then you can slice it thin before you cook it because if you leave it whole you will have a raw roast in the middle. Enjoy the recipe it does come out very good and tasty.

Thank you for the recipe. Definitely want to try it for the dogs. I'm sure they'll love it! :thumbup:

you are welcome, and hopefully you weren't trying to be offensive about the beef jerky because we are all friends and we don't try to hurt anybody here I was just sharing the recipe with my friends thank you

Quote Originally Posted by enjoylife950
    you are welcome, and hopefully you weren't trying to be offensive about the beef jerky because we are all friends and we don't try to hurt anybody here I was just sharing the recipe with my friends thank you
    No, maam! I was sincere in my statement. I am looking for recipes to make my own snacks for my dogs because of the harmful things today people put in them, like they do our food. I am sorry if anyone took offense. Please don't try to read something in that's not there. We are all friends here and love sharing with one another and that is the intention and we all love our pets too.

:D :D

Well thank you sweetie have you thought of looking on the food network they sometimes have recipes for treats for dogs i just dont remember who was it that had that on there show if i remember i will let you know ok have a great weekend sweetie
    do you have like a meat grinder maybe you can buy like chicken gizzard, hearts and livers and pieces of chicken or cheep cuts of meat and grind them up and spread it out on some wax paper with a little oil and put it in the oven for like 6 to 8 hours and bake at 100 degrees or make like a doggie meat loaf take your gound meats that you have chosen and mix with like a wheat flour and eggs and garlic powder and bake it like you would a meat loaf and you can keep it in the frig for up to 3 days or you can freeze it for up to a month.
    Debra

Dog treats

Cook Time:--
    Level: Easy
    Yield: 24 wafers
    Recipe Tools:
    Print Recipe
    Get Card
    Save Recipe
    xSelect a Card Size
    CARD3x5 card CARD4x6 card xAdd To My Recipe Box
    Add To
    Select Folder: All My Recipes Or Create New Folder

Please limit to 20 characters

Adding Recipe

Add Or Do Not Add

Success

This recipe was added to your Folder_Name folder.

Do not show this message again

Close
    xAdd To My Recipe Box
    Please sign in to add this recipe to your Recipe Box.

Sign In or Create your Recipe Box

Ingredients
    4 cups wheat flour
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    1 medium egg
    1 1/4 cups chopped nuts
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 to 1 1/2 cups water
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all ingredients and knead by hand. Roll into 3/4-inch patty. Cut out wafers with a small round cutter. Or you can form small balls and flatten by hand.

Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until brown on a baking sheet sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Cool on a rack. Store in a sealed container. For an extra treat, dip cookies in skim milk and feed to dog

DIPPING SAUCE
    3 cups unsweetened carob chips
    4 tablespoons vegetable oil
    In a double boiler melt carob chips and oil together until smooth. After dipping wafers garnish with chopped coconut or chopped peanuts

here is this I found so far if I find more I will let you know more ok hug the doggies for me we love dogs and cats and birds also

Thanks, Debra! That was sooo nice of you to get those recipes for me. Have done searches before for dog snacks and never found anything I thought wd be good or that they wd like. When I saw your recipe, I thought about the snack we buy them that looks just like beef jherky called chicken tenders that they love so knew they would love the beef jerky if I make it soft and pliable enough for them to eat. We don't really care that much for beef jerky but know that my dogs would really love it. Actually, I've been thinking about just doing your recipe with chicken since writing the recipe down last night. BTW, what is chile flake? Is this the same thing as chile powder? or is it a chile rub you can buy already prepared? I had read all the comments so now I know to slice before baking. Thanks for that info also. I probably would've just baked first, then sliced. Kudos! :D

Lol you are welcome sweetie the crushed chile flake is like what you would put on pizza you when you go and get pizza at like pizza hut they have little packages of chile flakes crushed or go to you store and go to the spice section in where they have the mexican seasonings and spices they are a little spicey but good on pizza and beef jerky

Banned
    I use a very similar recipe for my Jerky, its from the Food Network one of Alton Browns Recipes.

I make it using Deer meat and on average I make enough to fill 20 or so gallon Ziploc bags. And my house smells soooo good but my oven is a mess after I get finished. :lol:

I usually pass a few bags around to my neighbors along with my homemade Tabasco sauce from my Tabasco plants I have in the backyard.

Billy

I hi Billy when it comes to making beef jerky it is messy that is why you put like a drip pan under it while it is in the oven that way your oven stays clean and you dont have a big mess on your hands my son's exgirlfriend I told her when she got my recipe and she was going to make it to put a pan under it while it was in the oven and what does she do she did the oppasite from what I told her she had a great big mess in the oven I swear that girl had no brains in her head. So make sure you either put a pan or tin foil under the rack you have your meat on.

Banned
    When I make mine since it is in such a large batch I use all 3 racks in the oven and it takes around 3 or 4 days running 24 hours a day when I make it. I do put foil under the element but it still makes a mess and all I have to do is use the self cleaning option on the oven.

I cant wait until I build my smoke house on my farm when we move in permanently later this year. Talk about having fun this fall and early winter comes time to start slaughtering!!!

Billy

I love farms reminds me of when I was little we would go to my aunts houses and pick veggies out of her garden and then she would kill off some of her chickens for a bbq it was so great.
    and you say you have a smoke house oh that is even better smoked pork and beef oh so good I know where im going lol just kidding. Do you also can veggie and fruits and chicken it's really good if you do and home made strawberry jams mmmmm good

Could you send me the recipe for your Deer Jerky? My SIL is a hunter and would love to have it!

Thanks!
    Sherri :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast