Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
How do you organize/store your recipes? >

How do you organize/store your recipes?

How do you organize/store your recipes?

Old 07-25-2017, 03:39 AM

I have my Moms old wooden recipe box that I keep just because it was hers, but never use it. I have loose recipes that I have clipped, copied, etc., all in a messy stack that one of these days I think I'll just pitch out, as I've never used any of them. I do have cookbooks that have post-it notes sticking out at the top, some I've done, others maybe some day.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:57 AM

I have a few 3-ring binders for my collection of hand-written recipes on foolscap, and an old plastic tray-like recipe holder for others that I had typed-out on small cards that fit into.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

I have my mother's hand written book that I have added to. I love looking at her wonderful handwriting, and comparing it to mine.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 AM

I made a cookbook about 20 yrs. ago and it has been a life-saver! Gave each child a cookbook and they actually use them!
I did it all on the computer and have recent recipes in the pockets of the cookbook. I also have a folder for new recipes I like and the family will eat.
Nothing is "fool proof," but this is a big help to me.
Had a friend of a friend make the cookbooks--copy, organize, ect. Cost $150 for the 3 extras for the kids and 1 for us, but it was worth it. He made a CD for each book, so it seemed cheap to me!
Mariah
Old 08-13-2017, 12:26 PM

I have Living Cookbook on my computer. It is a purchased software package that is very good. I no longer have scraps of paper around. I can copy a recipe from the internet and then put it into the software - no writing It is great!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
I have my mother's hand written book that I have added to. I love looking at her wonderful handwriting, and comparing it to mine.
I, too, have some handwritten recipes of my mom's and so love to see her hand writing. I so enjoy having her hand writing that I have been trying to do hand written labels on the quilts I make for my kids and grandkids, thinking they might like that, too.

Back to the original question, I am a big collector of cookbooks and have lots of older ones and some newer ones. Recipes on scraps of paper and notebooks full of recipes I've printed from the internet. One thing I need to stop saying to my DH is this is I new recipe I wanted to try! He does not like "new" recipes. Meat and potatoes, with mushroom soup on top, best ever for him!
Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM

I pin mine in a pinterest board when i get them on line. If given as a hard copy, I put them in my wooden recipe box on a 3x5 index card or folded paper.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

I have some written in the computer, but it's tough taking that into the kitchen.

Mostly they are in a book, hand written. Many are in my mother's beautiful hand writing, as she started it when I was a teenager.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 AM

I have a really old recipe box that the top just this week broke off of! I also have a binder which is a mess. My most used recipes are taped up inside my cupboard doors.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:10 PM

My favorites are in a book with recipe card sleeves. Others are sorted in a shoe box size plastic box. I try to keep them orderly because I don't want to spend time hunting.