Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
♥ I just love Cranberries, so now i am searching for cool recipes, please post your recipes also >

♥ I just love Cranberries, so now i am searching for cool recipes, please post your recipes also

♥ I just love Cranberries, so now i am searching for cool recipes, please post your recipes also

Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 PM

I add rough chopped cranberries to my zucchini bread, which has crushed pineapple and pecans in it. Yummy!

We live not too far from some commercial cranberry farms, so I buy them by the pound and freeze them in 2 cup packages for later use.

I love dried cranberries also, but aren't they all sweetened?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM

We tried a new Christmas Treat last year. It was so good that I had to make another batch.

Cranberry Pistachio Bark
1 block white almond bark, melted according to pkg
mix pistachios and craisins into bark (ever how much you want). Spread out on cookie sheet that has been covered in parchment paper. Let it set up then break into chunks and seal in zip lock bag.

Makes great gifts as well.

Julie
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM

If you like Salsa...try this one:

CRANBERRY SALSA:

I CAN WHOLE BERRY CRANBERRY SAUCE

1 WHOLE JALAPENO, MINCED, SEEDS AND ALL

1/2 CUP CHOPPED CILANTRO

RED ONION, MINCED, ABOUT HALF OF A MED. ONION

1 TBLSP. LIME JUICE

MIX ALL TOGETHER AND ALLOW TO SET FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR BEFORE SERVING.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 AM

One cup chopped eggs
One cup bacon bits
One cup shredded cheese
One cup cranberries. To that you add Ranch Style Dressing and I throw in some thinly sliced onion chopped to give it a kick. Almost any combination fruit will work and put crumbled Town House pretzel crackers on top.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Hi Crafty.
I make cold slaw :shredded cabbage,mayonaise, dried cranberries,salt and peper. My grand kids love it. Sometimes I add pinapple as well but just the cranberries are just enough.

Try something else too.
cut a red grape in half and insert 1/2 a small cherry tomato inside and put it into a salad. YumYum.

Enjoy.........
Old 09-24-2011, 06:28 AM

All of this sounds delicious.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM

My family’s favorite cranberry salad that I have been making for Thanksgiving for over 20 years.

Ingredients:

1 can WHOLE cranberries sauce

1 can crushed pineapple (although I have used tidbits too)

1 large package of Jell-O (sugar free or regular) in any red flavor combo you like... raspberry, strawberry, strawberry/banana, etc.)

1- 4 stalks of celery, diced or chopped (your preference)

1/2 c. to 1c. chopped walnuts (Opt.)

Drain pineapple and save the juice for the cold water amount to make the Jell-O. Make Jell-O with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup less liquid than directed on package and let partially set to soft gel.

Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix very well, breaking up the whole cranberry sauce and place in 13" x 9" Pyrex dish.

Frequently, by the night before Thanksgiving my frig is too full and I let this dish set on my washing machine with saran wrap on it. It sets up pretty well.

PS: I have a 15" x 10" Pyrex dish so I double the recipe. I definitely like having leftovers of this dish.

For more crunchiness, add more chopped celery. It tastes great without nuts also.

Yum!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:49 PM

[quote=ncredbird]This is absolutely fabulous. I make it as long as I can still get cranberries. DH and I put it on pancakes, hot cereal, french toast or as an ice cream or yogurt topping. Yuuuuummmmmmm!

Cranberries freeze really well. Just put the whole bag in the freezer. I buy cranberries in season, and every time, I buy a couple of extra bags. I still have a couple from last year, which should take me until next month, when they start appearing again. You should never have to be without cranberries!.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
My family’s favorite cranberry salad that I have been making for Thanksgiving for over 20 years.

Ingredients:

1 can crushed pineapple (although I have used tidbits too)

1 large package of Jell-O (sugar free or regular) in any red flavor combo you like... raspberry, strawberry, strawberry/banana, etc.)

Drain pineapple and save the juice for the cold water amount to make the Jell-O. Make Jell-O with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup less liquid than directed on package and let partially set to soft gel.

Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix very well, breaking up the whole cranberry sauce and place in 13" x 9" Pyrex dish.

Frequently, by the night before Thanksgiving my frig is too full and I let this dish set on my washing machine with saran wrap on it. It sets up pretty well.

PS: I have a 15" x 10" Pyrex dish so I double the recipe. I definitely like having leftovers of this dish.

For more crunchiness, add more chopped celery. It tastes great without nuts also.

Yum!
Do you drain the pineapple or or just dump the whole can in?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Thanks for asking lynn7448

REVISED

Cranberry Salad

Ingredients:

1 can crushed pineapple, well drained. (save the juice for making the Jell-O)

Drain pineapple and save the juice for the cold water amount to make the Jell-O.

Make Jell-O with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup less liquid than directed on package and let partially set to soft gel.

Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix very well, breaking up the whole cranberry sauce and place in 13" x 9" Pyrex dish, or dish of your choice.

Yum!
:-D :-D