Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I Want This Cookbook!

I Want This Cookbook!

Cooking with Scraps: Turn Your Peels, Cores, Rinds, and Stems into Delicious Meals, by Lindsay-Jean Hard

I was drawn to this cookbook when I saw a featured recipe for banana bread made with no bananas, but only banana peels. (I haven't tried it yet.) This cookbook gotta be a quilting-cook's dream come true! I've already pre-ordered it on Barnes and Noble.

~ C

I read “The Everlasting Meal”. Authors name escapes me but I think first name was Tamar. I learned a lot and even use those hints today.

I don't find food scraps appetizing and probably won't save them to reuse. I save leftovers from meals though.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

LOL and I want this as a quilting book: Quilting with Scraps: Turn your peels, cores, rinds and stems into delectable quilts!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by tranum View Post
    I read “The Everlasting Meal”. Authors name escapes me but I think first name was Tamar. I learned a lot and even use those hints today.
    Oooohhh...I'll have to look for that cookbook too. Thanks!

~ C

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    LOL and I want this as a quilting book: Quilting with Scraps: Turn your peels, cores, rinds and stems into delectable quilts!
    LOL! I know! This is a quilting cook's dream!

~ C

My chickens would be very upset if I started using scraps like that. I'll let them eat the scraps in exchange for fresh eggs.

I like to see very little waste, but feel as long as it's eaten (by chickens or shop cats) that is fine.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.