Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
I'd love to have a tea party! >

I'd love to have a tea party!

I'd love to have a tea party!

Old 04-24-2018, 11:36 AM

Scones with clotted cream and jam are a must. Also sandwiches, and cake. Must have copious amounts of tea to wash it all down. I have a really nice scone recipe let me know if you would like it.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Yes yes! Your scone recipe please...perhaps on a new thread!
TIA
Old 04-25-2018, 11:26 AM
mac

Oh, you are right, the weather is perfect for an outdoor tea party. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and it has been gorgeous lately.

If you have any of the Pampered Chef's bread cans for baking you can make nice little egg salad sandwiches (just make sure you chop the egg whites really small) cucumber cream cheese sandwiches and spread them on the little bread shapes. I have the cans in the square, scalloped and heart-shaped versions. Just make sure you grease the tins very well before putting in the bread dough to let it rise. Make that really, really well. If it isn't greased well, you will never get the bread out of the cylinder. Ask me how I know...

You could make or buy some colorful petit fores or mini cakes or sweet breads like pumpkin or banana bread.

I suppose you could get as elaborate or simple as you want. Wouldn't it be fun if you got your friends together and came up with a menu and then share the work around. That way it wouldn't be too much of a job for anyone. I have been collecting tea pots and tea cups for years and I could imagine all different colors of cups and tea pots on your table with different teas. I would use some really different and special teas. One of my favorites is Rose Tea.

Let us know what you come up with and how the tea party went...
Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
Oh, you are right, the weather is perfect for an outdoor tea party. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and it has been gorgeous lately.

If you have any of the Pampered Chef's bread cans for baking you can make nice little egg salad sandwiches (just make sure you chop the egg whites really small) cucumber cream cheese sandwiches and spread them on the little bread shapes. I have the cans in the square, scalloped and heart-shaped versions. Just make sure you grease the tins very well before putting in the bread dough to let it rise. Make that really, really well. If it isn't greased well, you will never get the bread out of the cylinder. Ask me how I know...

You could make or buy some colorful petit fores or mini cakes or sweet breads like pumpkin or banana bread.

I suppose you could get as elaborate or simple as you want. Wouldn't it be fun if you got your friends together and came up with a menu and then share the work around. That way it wouldn't be too much of a job for anyone. I have been collecting tea pots and tea cups for years and I could imagine all different colors of cups and tea pots on your table with different teas. I would use some really different and special teas. One of my favorites is Rose Tea.

Let us know what you come up with and how the tea party went...
Well...you should join me. I'm just up the road a bit in Mendo. :-)
Old 04-25-2018, 05:19 PM
mac

You betcha, let me know and I'll be there with bells on!
Mary Ann