Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Keto quilters? >

Keto quilters?

Keto quilters?

Old 08-27-2021, 08:39 AM

Hubby keeps eyeballing those Sous vide stick things.... we just have so little room for anything but sometimes things can go. Like maybe I don't need an angel food cake pan in my life any longer, especially since my wall oven stopped working a number of years ago and is currently used for plastic storage containers.

I've got to admit the wireless meat thermometer probe thing that we can stick on something in the BBQ has been a great addition to the cooking stuff.

edit: And the battery operated scale that can change measurements and such. It's flat and occupies an area the size of a small dish in the cupboard when not on the counter. Much better than the old manual scale, especially for small amounts.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-27-2021 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:03 AM

We love our sous vide, especially for salmon. New favourite meal is sous vide salmon with homemade guacamole and a nice big salad. We cook our skinless salmon to 138 degrees and it is firm but still moist and tender. If it is skin on, we cook it to 130 degrees, take it out, pat dry and give the skin a quick sear in a very hot pan.

We use ziplock sandwich bags for individual portions. I didn't like using a big bag and clipping it to the side of the pot,(sometimes it was hard to get all the air out and it would want to float) so I changed to a container that a magnet will hold to, and use those fridge magnets with clips on them to keep the smaller bags in position. Works like a charm!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
not keto here, because of my health problems, keto is not recommended for me. I do try and limit my carbs though to 45 a meal. (whole grains, beans, fruit mostly) I haven't' started using my instant pot yet though cuz it is too much work....I know, crazy. right now, I am eating my veggies off the vine. My fruits are also fresh and require no cooking. Meat, I basically pop in a roasting pan and let it roast. I guess I am not a fancy cook.
Like the way you "cook"! This is my kind of eating!