Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Le Creuset and Tumeric >

Le Creuset and Tumeric

Le Creuset and Tumeric

Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
I cook everything in my Le Creuset, and have not had any discoloration. And it's almost a nonstick material, so even the crusty stuff just comes right off. I love it. And it's orange! Really, can it get any better?

Oh! Oh orange. I am just a bit jealous.
peace
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM

I lust for Le Creuset, but they are too expensive for me. I bought a very similar dutch oven from Lodge and a smaller one from the Martha Stewart line of cookware at Macy's. Both are excellent and show no staining from spaghetti sauce, boneless beef ribs cooked in V-8 juice, or anything else I have cooked in them. Both are excellent quality. Enjoy your birthday present.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
I cook everything in my Le Creuset, and have not had any discoloration. And it's almost a nonstick material, so even the crusty stuff just comes right off. I love it. And it's orange! Really, can it get any better?
I just got my first and only 2-1/2 qt Le Creuset and I fry, bake, cook, stew, everything in it. I do not do Indian cooking, but I find that if I clean out the pot and then soak it for a while, everything comes out nice and stain-free.
I have the Almond color inside and out. I love it. I bought it in the sweetest little town in Siren, Wisconsin called the Acorn Pantry. They are extremely knowledgeable about LeCreuset. I don't need another size or anything. Just love the one I have. Made a delicious Jager Stew (made with venison) and it was delicious. I just cook everything in it low and slow.

Edie
Old 03-26-2014, 01:42 AM

Wink

They even hold their value - not that you would ever want to get rid of them, once you have them, LOL.