Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Lemon curd.  It's sold out in about every store. >

Lemon curd. It's sold out in about every store.

Lemon curd. It's sold out in about every store.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

Meat prices in grocery stores are more expensive here too but lots of cattle in the area go to local butcher shops that sell the meat cheaper then grocery stores and the meat is local and fresh. That is where we buy all our beef even before the shortages. And all are grass fed. LOL Cows roam in pastures all day long not fed in pens.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:59 AM

I found my yeast at the King Arthur Flour site. I bought the SAF Red Instant yeast. I had never used it before but am really glad I bought it. I think it's more effective than the Fleischmann's that I buy at the grocery store. I keep mine stored in the freezer.
https://www.kingarthurflour.com/sear...ct&query=yeast
Old 06-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
I've made lemon curd from my old, Martha Stewart cookbook and this one is very similar. I found it on Martha Stewart's website:https://www.marthastewart.com/348239/lemon-curd. I think that when it comes to things like lemon curd, Martha knows her stuff. I'd guess that you might be able to half this recipe. It makes a lot of curd.

The other recipe I've made is from Joy of Cooking. I can't find that right now, but I'll look around. (BTW, Joy of Cooking's Lemon Bars Cockaigne recipe is absolutely the best.)
~ C
Thanks Tropit!
I must get a bunch of lemons, so that I can give it a try. Would need to check the proportions, but this is made the same as when making lemon pie filling from scratch.

I do have an old Joy of Cooking book, so will look in it for their version as well as the bar recipe.

mmmmmmm lemony goodness!!!