Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Need--Frosting >

Need--Frosting

Need--Frosting

Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Yea Miranda...you are just old lol

I have all the recipes and I will try them all to see which one comes closest. Sure wish my mom had written down these things!!
I must be older in spirit or something. Maybe I was reincarnated too many times or something!
Have you tried any of the recipes yet? Or are you still chickening on?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Right now I'm just collecting. Have a few other projects I need to finish up, then will make my cake.
Between me trying to get things done this week, Courtney starting her new job and having to run her all around to get health certificate/classes done, I don't have much time for anything.
One thing I NEED to do is....BUY A DRESS! Submarine Birthday Ball is tomorrow night and it seems my closet has shrunk ALL my dresses!!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 PM

Those closets are notorious for shrinking stuff Terri. I was hoping you had tried one of these. I'm lurking for the good recipe, so get on it! I have cakes to bake! Or if the frosting is as good as remembered, I'll just serve that! LOL!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Those closets are notorious for shrinking stuff Terri. I was hoping you had tried one of these. I'm lurking for the good recipe, so get on it! I have cakes to bake! Or if the frosting is as good as remembered, I'll just serve that! LOL!
I'm hoping next week I can get one baked. Everything should be slowed down by then.

In the meantime....you can make my hubbys favorite cake. Really easy.

Make a lemon cake in a bundt pan.
Cool completely, then cut in have (top-bottom)
In the middle spread lemon pudding.
Put the top back on, "frost" with Cool Whip
Slice some lemons to decorate top and sides.
I slice the lemons in half, then make slices that way and put them around the bottom edge of the cake. Makes it pretty.
Then when you slice it, make sure you get a slice of lemon with each piece. Before you eat, squeeze lemon slice over cake. OHHHH....SOOO YUMMY!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM

That sounds wonderful! And easy! Everyone here would love that. We're lemon lovers. And it has vitamin C, so it has to be healthy! I have to make that when the chocolate cupcakes run out. Thanks for the recipe!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 PM

Terri, that sounds like frosting for wedding cakes ,i don't have that one but here's one easy and del.
I- bowl- whipprd cream (lg.)
2-8 os, cream
cheese 1- cp of sugar
Mix sugar and cream cheese then add whipped cream Very good and as you see easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.If you want to jazz it chill and drizzle choc. shell over it MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 PM

Terri, that sounds like frosting for wedding cakes ,i don't have that one but here's one easy and del.
I- bowl- whipprd cream (lg.)
2-8 os, cream
cheese 1- cp of sugar
Mix sugar and cream cheese then add whipped cream Very good and as you see easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.If you want to jazz it chill and drizzle choc. shell over it MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm
Old 04-16-2009, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Chele
I'm hoping next week I can get one baked. Everything should be slowed down by then.

In the meantime....you can make my hubbys favorite cake. Really easy.

Make a lemon cake in a bundt pan.
Cool completely, then cut in have (top-bottom)
In the middle spread lemon pudding.
Put the top back on, "frost" with Cool Whip

Slice some lemons to decorate top and sides.
I slice the lemons in half, then make slices that way and put them around the bottom edge of the cake. Makes it pretty.
Then when you slice it, make sure you get a slice of lemon with each piece. Before you eat, squeeze lemon slice over cake. OHHHH....SOOO YUMMY!!!!
Nummers...I'll have to try your DH's fav with our company tonight. Will also be using these frosting recipes, too. Thank you.