Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need substitute

Blog Entries

Need substitute

My friends love choc. eclair cake. The base is graham crackers. To make it easier to serve at a potluck I want to make indiv. ones in larger cupcake liners. I'll need round graham crackers. Is there such a thing???
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    Depending on the size of your muffin tins you can use digestive cookies or another plain biscuit/cookie.

Or you can make a graham cracker crust (crushed graham crackers with melted butter and some sugar) and use the bottom of a glass to press it into the pans.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Try finding the right size sugar cookie.

Power Poster
    The little round vanilla wafer cookies work well in the bottom for muffin cheesecakes. I think they would work well for eclair cakes in muffin papers as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    The little round vanilla wafer cookies work well in the bottom for muffin cheesecakes. I think they would work well for eclair cakes in muffin papers as well.
    Tatan nailed it. Vanilla cookies work great.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Can we get a recipe please....
    Mary

mac
    If you are set on using round graham crackers, why not cut the graham crackers with a biscuit cutter. Even if it breaks into pieces, you could still place them in the cupcake papers and the filling will kind of 'glue' it all together and they would never know that it was broken. I am sure that if you were really careful that you can get them cut without much trouble.

By the way, please share your recipe, please, please, please...

I too was going to suggest vanilla wafers but she said she was using the larger cupcake liners. TRUE4UCA, what have you decided on?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look for the vanilla wafers or the digestives.
    The recipe is two paks. of vanilla pudding made as directions less 1/2 cup milk, after pudding is set (3min.) fold in a carton of cool whip. Using 9x13 buttered pan layer graham crackers, half of pudding mixture, another layer of crackers, rest of pudding mixture, another layer of crackers. I melt a can of choc. icing (too lazy to make my own), let icing cool a few minutes and carefully pour over top layer of crakers. Make day before. Sinfully good.
    True4uca

Can you give the size of the pudding mix paks. and the Cook Whip carton as there are different sizes?

Sounds sinful and wonderful
    Kookie (Patti)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeeit42 View Post
    Can you give the size of the pudding mix paks. and the Cook Whip carton as there are different sizes?
    I use the 4 serving size pudding mix and cool whip is I litre size, maybe 2 cup size. I usually only make half this in 8x8 pan for 5 people. HTH
    True4uca

If I was making individual ones like you want, I would just use graham cracker crumb crust and press with a glass like Tothill suggested. I make this recipe too and it is just wonderful. Here is my recipe for the chocolate glaze if you don't want to use frosting.
    1 stick butter
    4 tbls cocoa powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 box confectioners sugar
    milk to thin about 1/4 to half cup, add just what you need to get consistency you want.
    Melt butter add cocoa powder, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla and sugar. Add enough milk to make spreadable, pour over cake, refrigerate overnight before serving.

https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/PD162...-Pie-Crusts-6- LInk shows the picture.

These are about 3 inches across with crust. Perfect for individual servings.
    A package of six cost less then $3 at Walmart. I keep lots in the freezer.

I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I make this also ad I add banana for a change of taste.