Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New thing for lunch or supper

New thing for lunch or supper

1). Bag of chopped salad that includes packs of dressing and toppings
    2). Add 1 package of imitation crab meat cut into bite size pieces
    3). Toss and eat

I had a Taylor's Maple Bourbon Bacon bagged salad yesterday that was very good. I tossed mine with deli ham.

that sounds good, I would eat that!! (the crab one)

Fast and delicious idea!

Power Poster
    The kale salad mix with dressing, cranberries and seeds is really good and I add a hard boiled egg on the side.

Blog Entries
    ya'll are making me hungry. it's after 1 O'clock and I've not had any lunch!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I buy lots of different bag salads with the dressing, some don't come with dressing but they are all good. I add, shrimp, hamburger, chicken, hard boiled eggs, pretty much what ever I have left over from prior dinners.

I like the kale and non-iceberg lettuce mixes. Some days when I'm dealing with various physical and mental issues, eating healthy is not on my easily done list. But you grab one of those bags and some sort of protein like the crab, or hardboiled egg, leftover rotisserie chicken, whatever and it's easy to make and clean up and lots of different varieties.

Watching my carbs, I've found the Ken's dressings to be within my tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    The kale salad mix with dressing, cranberries and seeds is really good and I add a hard boiled egg on the side.
    i love this one i get it all the time from sams sometimes i use the dressing or save it for another time it's very good poppy seed dressing or i make my own dressing the good seasons mix just add the water oil and vinegar so good with the garden tomatoes and cucumber
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I like this one, too.

I cooked a big bag of riced cauliflower, mixed in heavy cream Alfredo sauce, sprinkled pharm cheese on top and my supper was done and so yummy. It's Alfredo without the carbs. I add chicken stock and more Alfredo and make wonderful soup. I love Alfredo.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I'm enjoying my morning coffee here and now I am hungry for lunch. This is not fair!

Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan of the chopped salad bags, with or with-out the dressing included. We usually have them one or two nights a week.

I haven't seen the imitation crab meat in a package, approximately how many ounces/grams would it be? Sounds good!

The packages here vary by manufacturer from about 10-16 ounces. The problem with the fake crab for those of us that have to watch our carbs is that it does contain them, they use sugars and starches in the process. For those that are gluten sensitive, they should watch for that too.

But it is convenient, just in packages in our meat departments here. I still love it as a snack and in my salads, but it is not so ideal on my high protein/low carb diet. Still, it's about a kazillion times cheaper than real crab. When the little salad shrimp go on sale they are close to the same price if the fake crab isn't on sale -- healthwise for me that's a better option.

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nut...meat-1119.html

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I cooked a big bag of riced cauliflower, mixed in heavy cream Alfredo sauce, sprinkled pharm cheese on top and my supper was done and so yummy. It's Alfredo without the carbs. I add chicken stock and more Alfredo and make wonderful soup. I love Alfredo.
    That sounds fantastic! I love riced cauliflower but never had it this way!