1 T milk
1 T sugar
1 1/2 cups cool whip
1 cup cold milk
15 oz can pumpkin
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix

Mix cream cheese, 1 T milk and sugar. Gently fold in cool whip. Spread on graham cracker crust.
Combine pumpkin, pudding mix, milk, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in mixer bowl; beat for 1 minute or until blended. Spread over cream cheese and refrigerate 4-5 hours. Top with additional topping if desired.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Sounds yummy--will try this one
Old 09-28-2008, 01:53 PM

My niece who doesn't bake.....brought this pie to me. I seem to do everything the old fashioned way...the hard way of course, and she does everything the easy way. It's about the best pumpkin pie recipe I've tasted....very light and creamy.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 AM

I would love to try this but although I have heard of graham crackers and cool whip, I have no idea what the British equivalent would be. Also I have never seen canned pumpkin over here. And maybe the vanilla pudding you have is different to ours. Confusing isn't it! I get so many great recipes off American sites and then spend ages trying to convert the cups to grams! I am off to do some googling see if I can't get it figured out.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:21 PM

I made this for Thanksgiving and it certainly is easy! And DELICIOUS!!!! I made my own graham cracker crust as I think the store bought ones are too hard. Thanks for the recipe Auntluc.

I give this 5 stars!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I would love to try this but although I have heard of graham crackers and cool whip, I have no idea what the British equivalent would be.
Graham crackers are sweetened whole wheat crackers which have great childhood memories for most of us in the US. They have so many uses - you can smear them with jam or peanut butter,campfire fare with toast ed marshmallows and chocolate (S'mores) and smashed to bits for crumb pie and cheesecake crusts.

Cool Whip is a substitute for whipped cream, made of vegetable matter of dubious origin, but tasting pretty good.

About the only substitute for pumpkin I can think of would be Hubbard squash. Ginger snaps could work for the pie crust. Old time Floridians swear Key Lime Pie HAS to have a gingersnap crust to be authentic.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:00 PM

You're very welcome beachlady...so glad you liked it.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM

PrettyKitty:
I get a newsletter weekly from "Recipe4Living.com" and I started looking around their website and found they have a conversion table...grams to cups, cups to grams, etc. You might like to check this site out as it may help you convert our American recipes.

Graham crackers are made of graham flour...they are kinda sweet-ish but not too sweet. They are great crushed with whip cream and sliced bananas, or crushed with about 1/4 cup of melted butter and pressed into a pie plate for a pie not requiring baking like the pumpkin pie recipe AuntieLuc shared with us. You can also press the graham cracker and butter mixture into pans and bake in a 350 oven for 10 minutes and use for cheese cakes. The baking helps make the crust a bind together a bit so it doesn't crumble so easily. If I can find a recipe for the actual graham cracker I'll post it here. Cool Whip is a brand name product for imitation whipped cream. Just whip cream like you normally would and incorporate it in the recipes calling for cool whip.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:59 PM

Hi AuntLuc: I just used your recipe and made 3 pies to take to our quilt group Christmas party luncheon tomorrow. Haven't tasted it yet but the pies look delicious. I put the graham crust in the oven just for 10 minutes to firm it up some then cooled it off before putting the filling in. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 AM

Feathers...I hope your ladies like the pies...I sometimes use sugar free pudding mix to cut calories and reduce the sugar content for my diabetic friends.
PrettyKitty....Would it help if pictures of the ingredients were posted?