Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
No carb no calorie Miracle Noodles. >

No carb no calorie Miracle Noodles.

No carb no calorie Miracle Noodles.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

One night we made "pasta" with zucchini noodles. My gosh, it was so unsatisfying! I felt like I didn't eat. As I said - I'm just too Italian for all this
Old 07-23-2021, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

The only thing that is yummy is brown rice pasta from trader joe.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:20 AM

If you spiralize zucchini or yellow squash, dry it real well. and bake it in the oven, it is palatable. I am not saying it tastes like pasta, but it gives spaghetti sauce or alfredo sauce something to stick to. Got the recipe from https://www.wholesomeyum.com/how-to-make-zucchini-noodles/ Their website seems to be down at the moment. I tried rinsing and drying the shirataki noodles, but it never tasted good. My husband and I have been eating keto since March and I keep sifting through recipes. I have to really dry spaghetti squash after baking as it makes the sauce watery.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I use my spiralizer a lot. My young grands think it's magic. We spiralize any food that will hold. I have the countertop one with handle and different blades.. The one that is held in your hand is really not worth the effort.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:40 PM

Big fan of Spaghetti squash here. I think the common misconception of it is that people think it should be pasta. It's not. It's squash that looks like pasta and can be seasoned like pasta. But it will never really be pasta. Still I love it.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

My two girls ate spaghetti squash all the time but not for pasta when they were teens. Each one got a half of squash, butter, salt, and a fork and ate it from the half shell. It was a favorite after school food for them. They used a microwave. I bought lots of spaghetti squash every week. I haven't thought of that in a long time.