Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
No knead bread recipe >

No knead bread recipe

No knead bread recipe

Old 07-19-2020, 08:22 AM

Default No knead bread recipe

I saw a link on here that took me to a "no knead bread" recipe and she put it in a dutch oven and baked. It looked delicious. I went and bought a dutch oven and now I can't find the video. Does anyone remember who put the link up on this board? I would appreciate any help.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:38 AM

I've not been on here for a while, so I don't know of that specific link, but I do know there are a lot of no-knead bread recipes out there. You might want to go look at "The Fresh Loaf" site. You will be drooling for sure. I am following their sour dough starter and bread section. There are some no-knead sour dough recipes on there, also.
And personally, while the dark brown crusty round loaves are works of art, for eating, I find a loaf-shaped loaf, that is not very dark, to be a better option for practicality.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

I don’t know that post but try YouTube tutorials from - Glen and friends cooking. He does a no knead bread that went in a Dutch oven to bake.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:46 AM

https://www.jennycancook.com/recipes...o-knead-bread/

This is the site that was discussed on here a little while ago.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:16 AM

I made a recipe that was a no knead artisan bread in Dutch oven, first time ever, came out beautiful. I did get it from Pinterest. They have many recipes that are good for beginners. It was hard to find yeast for a while. Enjoy.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:12 AM

I make a fantastic No-Knead Crusty Artisan Bread. It's so easy to make & I bake a lot in the winter time when I can use my oven more. It's crunchy on the outside & chewy on the inside. My recipe calls for it to rise anywhere from 8 to 24 hours. I generally make the dough in the evening & bake the next morning. I got the recipe off the internet & could not find the exact one but this one is very, very close & uses the same ingredients. I've seen others online that say to let the dough rise 2 hours. I've never tried the 2 hour recipe.

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-y...cipe-no-knead/
Old 07-20-2020, 09:16 AM

charley26-that is the one. Thank you so much. I am anxious to try it now that I have bought a dutch oven. Hoping that it will cool down here where I live and I can bake again without heating up the whole house. Thank you again. It seems that sour dough bread is a popular recipe to make also.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:24 AM

I found this article today, didn't think it maybe deserved it's own thread but maybe people interested can find some cool stuff!

https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...easiest-breads

If it gets shortened, it is "Forget sourdough, how to make 10 of the world's easiest breads"
Old 07-24-2020, 11:41 AM

King Arthur Flour (now King Arthur Baking company) is always the go to place for good bread recipes. Their no knead is great- white or rye or wheat. Those recipes along with a Lodge 2 quart cast iron dutch oven are unbeatable!! Try them!
sewverybusy1
Old 07-24-2020, 11:42 PM

King Arthur Baking has a recipe for "English Muffin Toasting Bread" that is very good, very easy, no knead, baked in a loaf pan, and tastes like English muffins. Makes perfect toast! The only change I make is I leave out the dusting of cornmeal on the pan.
https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...g-bread-recipe