Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Pork Loin >

Pork Loin

Pork Loin

Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Default Pork Loin

I am looking for a good recipe for a moist pork loin. I have put it on the spit on the grill and basted the loin with appricot jelly and it is great but was wanting to do something different.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Sounds yummy to me. Check the internet for recipes. I bet you'll find tons of suggestions. I am having pork for dinner tonight!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43 AM

I like to make one in the crockpot I add a can of chicken broth and a couple of diced jalapenos , If you don't like the heat just deseed first . Delicious sliced the first day and then shredded the next day and eaten on buns or my favorite on tortillas with all the fixings .
Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

I had pork loin just the other night for supper. I just seared in a skillet on all sides then used the same skillet and stuck in oven for 15 minutes 425 degrees. Take it out cover with heavy duty foil. for about 5-8 minutes. I like to season to taste. I used Garlic salt. and minced onion. Then I sliced 1/2" at sharp angle. there are all kinds of recipes but this is like with in 30 - 45 minutes and supper is ready. While it's in the oven you can concentrate on therest of the meal.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 AM

I've cooked it in the slow cooker, with a bit of salt and rosemary. It ends up so tender and juicy, it falls apart.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:37 AM

This is a Rachel Ray recipe I make for my family they really like it

Hoisin Pork

Makes: 6 servings

Cook: 3 hrs 30 mins

ingredients

Cooking spray
1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), tied
1 10 ounce jar duck sauce or hoisin sauce (about 3/4 cup)
3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon chili paste
1 tablespoon rice wine or rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1/3 cup chopped cilantro

directions
Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and add the pork roast. In a small bowl, combine the duck sauce, garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil. Whisk in the cornstarch. Pour the sauce over the pork.
Cover the slow cooker and cook the roast until fork-tender and an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees , 3 1/2 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat. Transfer the pork to a platter, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour the cooking liquid into a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes, then skim any fat from the surface.
Slice the pork and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle the scallions and cilantro on top. Serve the Asian sauce on the side.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:20 AM

I fix mine in the crockpot. Spray the crock, place loin in first, then a can of cranberry sauce and top it off with dry onion soup mix ( don't add water ) and don't stir for a couple of hours.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

The secret to a nice moist pork loin is not to over cook it. Todays commercial pigs are much cleaner and healthier so you don't have to cook it to well done like our grandmothers did. I usually cook to about 140 internal temp then let it rest for about 10 minutes tented with foil letting carryover cooking finish it off.

This recipe is from the Naked Chef it calls for pork chops but I always do it with a pork loin. Works with boneless as well as bone in. I just put everything in the oven at the same time, unless the pork roast is bigger than 3 lb, then I roast the meat for about 30 to 40 minutes and add the veggies.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/p...s-and-potatoes

Last edited by feline fanatic; 12-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:01 PM

I've used this recipe several times. Always yummy.

Crock Pot Pork Loin

about 2 pounds of Pork loin
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBS Yellow Mustard
2-3 TBS pancake or maple syrup
2 TBS olive oil
Diced dried onions 2 Tablespoons
Garlic Salt 1 1/2 teaspoons

Rub the loin with olive oil.
Mix soy sauce, mustard, syrup, dried onions, garlic salt and drizzle over loin.

Cook in crockpot on low for approx. 6 hrs.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:35 PM

I was given a jar of homemade pepper jelly several years ago and ran across this recipe in our local newspaper. It's become a real family favorite and I make it often. You can find the pepper jelly in any supermarket.

Boneless Center-Cut Pork Loin with Pepper Jelly Glaze

2 to 3 lbs. boneless center-cut pork loin
2 cloves garlic, finely minced or mashed with a little salt to make a paste
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsps. dijon mustard
About 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
Nonstick cooking spray

Glaze:
1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly (either red or green)
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar

Rinse meat under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Coat all sides of meat with garlic mixture. This can be done the night before. Wrap the meat well in plastic wrap if you're allowing the meat to marinate in this seasoning mixture for awhile.

Just before baking, mix olive oil and mustard together in a small bowl and make a light paste. Rub the paste over the meat then roll the meat in the panko bread crumbs to completely cover meat.

Place meat in pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cook uncovered in preheated oven.

While meat cooks, make the pepper jelly glaze by heating the jelly, apple juice and vinegar together until the jelly melts and mixture is bubbly. Pour a little of the glaze into a bowl or measuring cup to use for basting.

Bake pork for about 40 minutes, check temperature and baste top with some of the heated glaze. Baste 2 or 3 times until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. The glaze not used for basting can be served at the table with the sliced pork, if desired.