Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Bread Machine Recipes??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/bread-machine-recipes-t16880.html)

Debra Mc 02-24-2009 08:37 AM

Hey mpeters1200 pm me your address & I'll sent you some . I think I have about 5 breadmachine cookbooks. I have even adapted some regular ones to machine.

thimblebug6000 02-24-2009 05:19 PM

Can everyone just post their recipes here for us all to enjoy? Or isn't that possible?

rannyof3 02-27-2009 06:45 AM

I have a DELICIOUS recipe for cinnamon rolls. They are the Cinnabon Clones. If you want, email me at [email protected]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 02-27-2009 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
Buttercream-are you high altitude? When I made the first loaf here, it turned out like a rock, then I started reading the book again, because we had tried these recipes before and they turned out fine. If that's not the case for you, I don't know what the problem could be.

No, I've never had trouble with anything else.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 02-27-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Buttercream, try to change the setting. Mine has a light, medium & dark. I usually bake everything on the light setting so it doesn't make the crust too brown or hard. See if that helps. I have some really good recipes, I'll try & look up for you.

Yes, mine has the different settings. I've tried baking on low or light and it still does the rock thing.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 02-27-2009 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Can everyone just post their recipes here for us all to enjoy? Or isn't that possible?

I second that motion!

purplemem 02-27-2009 08:35 AM

I'd like some recipes, too! I don't use mine much either, and I would like to. I use the Krusteez mixes with success, most of the time. If the mix is old...well...then it doesn't rise and it is AWFUL. :D

Debra Mc 02-27-2009 08:49 AM

I just had a thought. It may be your water is too hard. Try using bottled water. When we lived in College Station, TX the water was so hard that you could cook pinto beans three days before they would get soft. See if that works.

Memalinda 02-27-2009 09:34 AM

I had a problem until I used bottled water because we have very hard water. It really makes a big differance.

rannyof3 02-27-2009 09:51 AM

1/4 C. butter, melted
1/4 c water
1/2 pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding (small bo)
1 c milk
1 egg beaten
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
4 c bread flour (reuglar works fine)
2 1/2 t yeast
FILLING:
1/2 C BUTTER SOFTENED
1 c. brown sugar
2 t cinnamon
1/4 c chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 c raisins (optional - I USE MORE)
FROSTING:
8 oz. cr cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter softened
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 t milk

Place ingredients in machine, following mftrs instructions. Set fo dough cycle.. After completion of cycle, remove from machine and roll out to approx 17 X 10 inch rectangle.
FILLING: Mix br. sugar and cinnamon together. Spread softened butter over dough, sprinkel sugar and cinn. mix over and nuts and/or raisins (or not). Roll tightly from long end, pinching edges sloxed when completely rolled. Slice dough into 1/2 (I do 1 inch) slices. Place into greased cake pans or cookie shee. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden (barely) DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Spread frosting on warm rolls. Best eaten when fresh, but you can zap them for 10 to 15 seconds in the micro, and they are almost as good as fresh.
ENJOY !!!!!