Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Chicken breast recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/chicken-breast-recipes-t279218.html)

PurplePassion 06-02-2016 01:20 PM

Chicken breast recipes

I am looking for some new recipes to try ; using frozen chicken breasts. What are your favorites? NOT spicy.

Chasing Hawk 06-02-2016 02:25 PM

A quick last minute meal for a crowd

An easy meal in about 45 minutes or less with frozen Chicken breasts is:
Make Guacamole first, see recipe below. Chill in fridge while preparing rest of the meal.
Place the amount of chicken breasts in a pan.
Pour some mild salsa (we like Herdez salsa).
Cook for about 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
Make some Mexican rice (Rice-o-Roni brand is what I use)
Heat some tortillas, place in a warmer. (see link below)
Refried beans are optional.
A small salad of lettuce and chopped tomatoes for a little freshness.

Chipolte's Guacamole recipe:

2 large avocados, halved and pitted
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeņo pepper, including seeds, finely chopped

tortilla warmer:
http://www.amazon.com/IMUSA-MEXI-100...=1&*entries*=0

true4uca 06-02-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7566691)
I'll be watching too.
one that dh likes is mayo on top and then sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake.
also, BBQ sauce and cheddar chees on top. I need something new. and dh is picky and likes same old all the time.

Well that looks like it would be great for my DH. My go to chicken breast meal are breasts cut in half across the middle, each half is cut into 3 kinda strips. Done in Shake & bake. Baked till done. Served with fries & plum dipping sauce. So good & totally complicated (grin).

jokir44 06-02-2016 04:42 PM

I've used 3 or 4 from Hellmans. The one tonight was with light soy sauce, ginger, onion, and bread crumbs. I got mine from a newspaper but I would think they would be on their website . First time I had tried the Asian one tonight and we really enjoyed it.

Up North 06-02-2016 05:08 PM

I do a 9x13 inch [an a cup or so of white rice, chicken broth garlic powder, celery chopped and baby carrots, add the Chicken Breasts on top add salt pepper garlic power or favorite seasoning pour ranch dressing over Chicken add shredded cheese cover with foil and bake about 400 for an hour and 15 minutes or till rices is done. We all love this.

Up North 06-02-2016 05:25 PM

oops this was a double post won't delete!

Doggramma 06-02-2016 05:29 PM

I've been baking chicken meals in foil (lots of ideas on Pinterest). The one we had recently: on heavy foil put cut breast (each one in 3 pieces), potatoes - either red potatoes cut into quarters or baking potatoes cut into thick pieces, green beans. Sprinkle with dry italian or greek salad dressing packet. Dot with butter and drizzle with olive oil. Seal up foil. Bake at 350 for about 45 min. If you have more than a couple breasts, use additional seasoning and bake 60 minutes.

mjsylvstr 06-03-2016 02:29 AM

trying to remember..it's been awhile.....I usually fresh breasts......spray small oval pyrex dish, place chicken in dish, cover with sauerkraut, drained, swiss cheese and top with thousand island dressing....
I pre-prep my breast so only need to bake about 25 minutes, I believe it was 325 or 350
told you it's been await...........it's worth a try if you like reuben.

quiltbuddy 06-03-2016 03:39 AM

I absolutely love the Chicken and Mushroom Casserole recipe on NatashasKitchen. I think there is a video also but it's pretty easy to make.

TGood 06-03-2016 04:02 AM

Here is a recipe that gets raves....it takes 1 pint raw chicken tenders
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup melted butter

Blend 1st 7 ingredients in a blender. Dip chicken in the melted butter and rolled in the cheesy mix. Bake in convection oven for 10-15 minutes in preheated oven at 400-415 degrees. Do not over bake or they will be dry.

Hope your family enjoys the change!