Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Help! Need a very EASY and quick Christmas candy recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/help-need-very-easy-quick-christmas-candy-recipe-t172690.html)

Holly J. 12-20-2011 05:06 PM

Help! Need a very EASY and quick Christmas candy recipe

Hi Friends - I just found out I need to make some Christmas candy - and I need a recipe for something easy and quick.

I have on hand the following items:
  • Chocolate chips
  • Peanut butter
  • Pecans
  • Confectioners sugar
  • Vanilla
  • White and chocolate bark (candy coating)
  • Brown sugar
  • Butter, eggs, milk
Does anyone have any delicious candy recipes I could whip up from some of the above ingredients? Any help would be appreciated. Much thanks.

Holly J.

grammyp 12-20-2011 05:10 PM

One of my favorites is white candy bark with pistachios and craisins. Melt the bark, spread on wax paper, sprinkle with pistachios and craisins/raisins. Let harden, then break into pieces. You could easily sub pecans or pretzels if you have them.

Tartan 12-20-2011 06:31 PM

Did you look at the recipe for White Trash? I think you might have the ingreients for that. I did the 2 ingredient fudge recipe from here but you need Betty Crocker frosting to go with Choc. chips.

lfstamper 12-20-2011 06:35 PM

Go to recipes.com and put in your ingredients. It will find a recipe for you. I love their recipes.

Quiltaddict 12-20-2011 07:07 PM

I always make Peanut Butter Balls and you have all the ingredients for those. Someone else posted about the a few days ago, here is the link. http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...s-t172536.html

almostfree 12-20-2011 08:05 PM

Why don't you melt your chocolate chips, then dip pretzels in the melted chocolate? Put some sprinkles on the top while the chocolate is still warm. I found some holiday shaped pretzels at Meijer and my DD and I just did them up tonight. They look like you worked so hard on them, but they are super easy. You can also get those chocolate melting disks, instead of chocolate chips.

RJ 12-21-2011 07:37 AM

Ok,,,, here is the recipie........

40 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1-12 oz semisweet choc chips
1 8 oz pkg toffee bits....or chopped pecans

Line a 15X10X1 cookie sheet with foil

Put saltines in a single layer on the pan

Melt butter and stir in sugar and boil 1 to 2 minutes
Pour over the crackers

Bake 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly

Remove from oven and immediately put the choc chips on top
Let them melt and spread evenly

Sprinkle the toffee chips on top of that and cool completely

Cover and refridgerate for 1 hour or until choc is set

Break into pieces and store in air-tight container

saveaquilt 12-21-2011 01:54 PM

Pretzel bites: I love these

pretzels square or regular
choc candy kisses (dark or milk)
m&m candy (red and green or not)

heat oven 325*, on a cookie sheet place pretzels with space between each, add a choc kiss on top of each and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and place a m&m on top and press into chocolate. Refridgerate or place in freezer to reharden the choc. Super easy and attractive, my 5 year old has helped me with several batches of these this year. If you like choc. cover pretzels you will love these.

Enjoy! and Merry Christmas!

Holly J. 12-21-2011 05:28 PM

RJ - I tried your recipe today - OMG, it turned out fabulous. Thank you SO much!!!! And, it was so easy. WOW. Thanks again.

Holly J.

Holly J. 12-21-2011 05:36 PM

Quiltaddict - Thanks for this easy-looking candy recipe. I have everything for them and will be making them tomorrow. They sound yummy. BTW, here is another candy recipe someone just sent me - thought I'd share it here:

PEANUT BUTTER FONDANT

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
1/3 c. butter, softened
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. light corn syrup

Mix all ingredients until blended. Roll fondant between wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread with peanut butter. Roll the mixture in a "jelly roll fashion." Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into slices with serrated knife.