Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   not really recipe - tea drinkers out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/not-really-recipe-tea-drinkers-out-there-t62745.html)

b.zang 09-02-2010 05:37 PM

Looking for good, plain tea? Murchies Tea is fabulous. They are a fairly small company in BC but really know their tea. They have their own blends as well as pure teas such as assam, darjeeling and green. You might like the Murchie's Afternoon Tea. Check out their website; here's a link to the tea page.

http://www.murchies.com/wwww/coffee.php?mCat=1&lst=long

lynnie 09-02-2010 06:04 PM

have you tried a chai, super yummy

Jim's Gem 09-02-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Go online to Republic of tea. All of their teas are wonderful. My son has me hooked on iced green tea as I have high blood pressure. It really does make me feel better. In the ROT I love their Earl grey, English breakfast tea.

I really like their Teas as well. Vanilla Almond is my favorite. Also English breakfast and Blackberry sage.

I have a cute little "Tea" shop here in town. I can go in and buy loose leaf teas to my hearts content. Love the loose leaf teas.
On work days, I am lazy so I usually will use a Bigalow or Twinnings English Breakfast tea with a little honey and some cream. Yummy!!!

ptquilts 09-03-2010 05:31 AM

HI and thanks to all. I do love chai, Constant Comment, and others. SOmetimes I just want a plain old cup of tea though!
Guess I will try loose leaf next.
In the summer I have different herbs I can add when i want flavored tea, mint, bee balm, and my favorite is lemon thyme, which I love for its strong lemony flavor with no acid. Means I can still put milk in it.
In this weather I am having it iced, though.

amazon 09-03-2010 05:54 AM

I used to use Lipton too. For a couple months we have used Red Diamond, it has that strong , smooth taste. I bring my water to almost the boiling point( bubbles form) turn off heat,drop in tea and steep about 10 min. Like the smell of their coffee too, not a coffee drinker though, already have a tea addiction.

Lynnejean 09-03-2010 07:55 AM

Bentley brand is the most favorful tea I have drank to date. I really like their green tea earl grey and I just bought the Bentley brand earl grey white tea at TJ max.

I have also added a teaspoon of dried lavender flowers to the bentley earl grey green tea. Its heavenly!!!

blossum 09-04-2010 07:21 AM

I have found that the best one that I like is Bromley Estate tea. I dink my tea plan.

batdancer 09-04-2010 09:16 AM

Swee-Touch-Nee is a flavorful tea with a lot of body. The box says it is an "orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea." I have not found any other tea that compares. It was easy to find in Brooklyn, NY, but now that I live in Washington State, I have to order it on-line. Sorry, I don't have a link, but if you do a search you should be able to find it.

Candela59 09-04-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I have always loved a good cup of tea but lately haven't found any. I used to like Lipton, lately it seems blah to me. Tried Salada, same thing, was going to try Red Rose, found out it was made by Salada. Now I am on Tetley, not too bad but still not what I am looking for - a tea with a bright aroma and flavor.

Any ideas from real tea mavens out there? Maybe my taste buds are just getting too old.

Needless to say I am talking about plain tea, not anything flavored.

I've been a tea drinker forever. I love Twinings English or Irish Breakfast teas. Both can easily handle milk and sugar and still give you a nice smooth tea flavor! They're my hands down favorites for over 30 years! They are available in bags or loose at almost every grocery store now. I used to have to order via mail and internet.

QuilterInVA 09-04-2010 09:50 AM

I wouldn't drink Lipton or Salada or Tetley on a bet. I use Irish Breakfast Tea in the morning, Earl Grey or Lady Grey in the afternoon and Lapsong in the evening. I get my teas from a local tea shop that imports from England. When you make tea, water has to be at a full boil, cover the cup and let steep. I use tea leaves, not bags, because it has better flavor.